• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired VIP pocket clips for sale

idleprocess

Flashaholic
28 October - BUMP! - 28 October

25 March - MAKE AN OFER - 25 March
Think $19.30 shipped is too much? Make an offer! Maybe I'll sell it to you for less! Email offers to nullprocess(a)gmail.com.

21 February - SALE RESUMES - 21 February
Contact me via (check my profile under Bio for "Paypal address" or just email the other addtess in my profile) if you're interested in owning a VIP pocket clip.

28 December - SALE SUSPENDED - 28 December
The sale of clips is going to be temporarily supended until further notice.

11 December - CLIPS ARRIVE - 11 December
Clips have arrived and will be shipped Monday (It seems that the post office closes disgustingly early on Saturdays). See my last post for photos and goofy captions. I'd like to thank everyone for their patience and goodwill during this drawn-out project.

3 December - ETA - 3 December 2004
The vendor has estimated completion of the clips by 8 December.

21 November 2004 - STATUS UPDATE - 21 November 2004
I was hoping that my next announcement would be arrival of clips on my premises, but I'm afraid there's some bad news.

The vendor has lost the raw material for the clips (I didn't ask for details), but expects more in sometime next week. They think they'll finish them by the end of next week.

11 November 2004 - STATUS UPDATE - 11 November 2004
The clip has been thoroughly evaluated by the beta-tester and only small changes will be made to the overall design. The final drawings have been presented to the vendor, and production will commence as soon as they can fit our small order into their production schedule between the big stuff that keeps them afloat.

03 November 2004 - STATUS UPDATE - 03 November 2004

I finished my testing of the clip FA last week and expect it to arrive at the beta-tester's site any day now. I've only found one minor change that needs to be made, and expect to get the production order into the vendor as soon as I get a report from my tester.

As soon as I place the order, I could be shipping clips within 2 weeks of confirmation.

I apologize for the delays - I will miss my "early November" deadline by at least 2 weeks. I will not let this drag into December, personal catastrophes and Pelican warranty disclaimers notwithstanding.

19 October 2004 - FIRST ARTICLE IN-SITU PICS - 19 October 2004

vipclipflat.jpg

Being kept under wraps in a tightly-clenched fist...

vipclip.jpg

KC, 123 body, stock head

vipclipBH.jpg

KC, 123 body, BulkHead

vipclip2AA.jpg

Twisty, 2xAA body, BulkHead
This is a bit of a challenge since the thickness of the retaining ring makes completing the circuit a matter of reefing on the twisty until the light switches on. Perhaps some sort of thin conductive spacer at the negative end would remedy this.

vipcliptwisty.jpg

Twisty, 123 body, stock head
This is why use of the clip with the twisty on the 123 body is not recommended. Even if clamped between the driver section and reflector, there's no "contact point." The good news is that if a similar LionHeart clip is offered, it should work fine in this configuration for bezel-up carry.

Miscellaneous
  • I'm going to talk to the vendor about the bend angle on the 90-degree bend - you probably noticed that the clip doesn't come into contact against the body of the light. Plus side of the clip as delivered is that it slides in and out of a pocket with ease - which is also the downside if you're depending on the clip to hold the light fast against a pocket, belt, etc.
  • I don't know if this clip will work with the BBH and have no way to test it. Personally, I think it would be silly trying to clip a 1" dia tube to a flat surface when there's a 3" dia reflector on the other end...
  • The 0.030" metal is far stouter than I anticipated.
  • I'll probably turn up the "tip" a bit more to ease pocket ingress with the BH.

11 Sept 2004 - PREORDER HAS ENDED - 11 Sept 2004

...but since the vendor doesn't open up until Monday, you might be able to sneak in your order sometime before then if you backdate the check or email... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

3 September 2002 - THE OFFER - 3 September 2004
I (and Charlie) now offer the VIP pocket clip. This pocket clip will be constructed of 302 spring stainless for durability and resilience.

The fine print, disclaimers, etc
  • [color:red]FIRST AND FOREMOST[/color] - This item is being sold as a custom-made accessory, and no warranty is offered or implied. It is the responsibility of the buyer to determine suitability of the clip for any given purpose.
  • This clip was designed exclusively for use with the VIP equipped with either the stock head or the BulkHead. The clip will be tested on a production VIP before volume production is authorized.
  • The clip may work with the BigBulkHead or 2xAA body, but neither accessory was given consideration during the design process.
  • Use of this clip with the Twisty tailcap is not advised - clip must be clamped firmly between two surfaces to prevent undue stress against the retaining ring. Also - using the clip at the tail end with the twisty might prevent the switch from closing the circuit.
  • This accessory may work with the forthcoming LionHeart, but any compatibility will be by concidence rather than intent.

Cost & Shipping
The price of the pocket clip is $15.00 each.

A note about shipping: Shipping cost is flat-rate no matter how many clips you're ordering - unless you order more than 10.
  • Domestic US: $4.30 shipping via Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.
    One clip: $19.30 ($15.00 + $4.30)
    Two clips: $34.30 ($30.00 + $4.30)
  • Canada: $5.00 shipping via Global Priority Airmail.
    One clip: $20.00 ($15.00 + $5.00)
    Two clips: $35.00 ($30.00 + $5.00)
  • France, Germany, UK: $7.00 shipping va Global Pirority Airmail.
    One clip: $22.00 ($15.00 + $7.00)
    Two clips: $37.00 ($30.00 + $7.00)
  • Other international destinations: Please contact me for shipping costs before sending payment.

Payment
Please send funds via non-credit card Paypal in US dollars to the address in my profile. If you would rather pay via personal check, money order, or even chance cash (not at all recommended), please contact me and we can make arrangements.

Please include the following, regardless of how you pay:
* CPF nickname
* Real name
* Shipping address
* Any other relevant information I need to know

The Process:
  • 1. Preorder (10 days)
    Production of the VIP pocket clip will be funded by the purchasers. After the preorder period is over, I'll place the order with the vendor.
  • 2. First Article & testing (up to 4 weeks)
    The vendor will provide a First Article (FA) to test for fit and function before entering volume production. I will extensively test the FA with my own VIP using both the standard head and BulkHead. Any small changes to the design that are required will be documented and submitted to the vendor before releasing the order to production.

I plan on keeping everyone updated, so expect pictures of the clip in situ.
  • 3. Volume Production & shipping (up to 4 weeks)
    The vendor will make the clips. Their lead time could vary widely. I will post an estimate as soon as I get one from the vendor.

Upon receipt of the run, I'll ship everyone's clip. This will be as simple as packing and shipping.
Please note that the timeline is a best-guess, dependent primarily on vendor lead-times.

<font color="orange">Edit history</font>
28 Oct 2005 Bump!
25 Mar 2005 Make an offer!
21 Feb 2005 Sale resumes
28 Dec 2004 Sale suspended
11 Dec 2004 Clips arrive
03 Dec 2004 Status update
21 Nov 2004 Status update
11 Nov 2004 Status update
03 Nov 2004 Status update
29 Oct 2004 FA pictures
11 Sept 2004 ended preorder
03 Sept 2004 added additional warning about possible clip/twisty complications.

Last edited:

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: VIP pocket clip preorder

Paypal sent for TWO clips with shipping to Hong Kong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Wow Erick, this is way cheap! I am glad you were able to work out that aspect to everyone's advantage...I'll take two! (Oh waitaminute, I'm already in on this project, ain't I?)... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened

Email sent. I only have a CC paypal account so would like to pay for 1 clip via other means.

Thanks

ledaholic

Enlightened

PM sent. I would like 1 clip but have to pay with other means.
Thanks

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paypal sent for one. Thanks for all your work in this, IP. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

Britt

gp01

Newly Enlightened

What color will be the spring be? Will it be dark like on Surefire black E2E/E1E?

GoldenLoki

Newly Enlightened

PayPal sent for 2 VIP clips.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

GL