CMG to Introduce New Models

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Within the next 30 days (or sooner) start looking for 3 new models of LED; and they will introduce 5 new products by the end of summer.

The folks at CMG are very tight lip about details thought they did say no stainless steel, graphite composite, chrome moly, or III HA. They said there is a significant resistance to $25, or even $20 lights.

They did say one of the new models will be much like the Infinity, much much brighter with a much shorter run time.... almost as if they were reading CPF forums and the ARC-AA.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
$1.50 <example of short post> First/middle of next week
grin.gif

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
One is the reactor it has an aluminum body and a polycarbonate head. Initially offered in black only. It should have 2 batteries and be about the size of the mini mag if I remember right. No info on LED type. List is $32.00

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr Ted Bear:
$1.50 <example of short post> First/middle of next week
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sweet! How many did you order? Should I order my own, or get you to send one (or two!) up to me?

Darell

Flashaholic
William -

I've been desperately trying to email you for a week now, with no luck. I've even PM'd you a couple of times... no response. Sure, I could pick the phone up, but I'd sure like to figure out what the heck is going wrong with our electronic communications! Just sent you an email from a Yahoo! account. See if that works...

- Darell

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is good. Let CMG release some models, and we'll see what's good and what's not. Then Peter will build any good ones properly.
smile.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr Ted Bear:
...They said there is a significant resistance to $25, or even $20 lights...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what we're up against folks!

Family campers with their kids and dogs hanging out the SUV windows; stumbling down drunk backpackers who leave their empty J.D. bottles at the sides of the trail. Believe me, I know them all! I see them almost every weekend in the Adirondacks.

Trying to get most of these people to appreciate a quality flashlight is a formidable task.

I'll bet they poor ketchup on their Filet Mignon, too.
shocked.gif
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I bet these are the same people who buy the cheap bleacher seats at a baseball game and then pee all over the toilet in the handicapped stall because they're too blitzed to aim or even give a rat's patootie. They're the people who toss their used gum onto the floor (or under the seat) in the movie theatre. They're the ones who flick lighted cigarette stubs out their car windows and start brush fires, instead of extinguishing them in the ashtrays provided in their SUV. And they're the ones who think a $2.99 plastic Eveready D cell flashlight is the best flashlight they've ever used. :-/

papasan

Enlightened
woah now...jeez...what's wrong with a cheap, good light?...not that $20 for a flashlight is very cheap anyways...there is something to be said for a nicely built, very functional, cheap light that you don't mind loosing, destroying or lending to your neighbor...the old infinities are built like a tank and i would expect the new ones to be too...

also, i'm prolly one of those people that got blitzed and pissed everywhere, but i don't remember singling out the handicapped toilets =P...

Walt

Newly Enlightened
I may have given some folks one of my cheaper lights, but NEVER a rat's patootie! I would have remembered that.
grin.gif

Look forward to seeing the new CMG offerings.

Walt

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be nice, guys.

If it weren't for all the throw away cheap flashlights my family has thrown away or lost over the years, I wouldn't appreciate the collection I still have as much as I do.

If it weren't for my Infinity I wouldn't have any place to use my 3.6V lithiums.

A double brightness red infinity will get me to the bathroom nicely without destroying my night vision.

Each of these lights has a niche it addresses well or it dies. Our Niche has yet to generate 2000 worldwide members on the forum.

I get uncomfortable at ARC lovers bashing CMG, SF fanatics bashing Streamline, and fans of the LAMBDA LS dismissing the ARC LS as a has been. (I have and enjoy products from each of the above --except LAMBDA's where I'm wait listed--) We're lucky enough to be experiencing an exciting period of technology leapfrogging in lighting.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lemlux:
...If it weren't for my Infinity I wouldn't have any place to use my 3.6V lithiums...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you really do that? A number of us tried that with our Infinities a long time ago, and I never heard of anyone burning them out. Talk about underdriven!!!

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lux Luthor:

Yes, of course the Infinity is nowhere as bright as my various ARCs even with the 3.6 V AA.
rolleyes.gif
I only use it as a potty light or a raid the kitchen in the middle of the night light. Yes, I wouldn't want to risk tripping over obscured obstacles in the middle of the woods with it. We do have desert and beach around here where I could safely use it if I didn't want to damage night vision. (I admit that I don't have a red ARC yet.)

I'd be very happy to hear other suggestions of how to use the 3.6 AA's which may exceed a ten-year supply
confused.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lux Luthor:
Do you really do that? A number of us tried that with our Infinities a long time ago, and I never heard of anyone burning them out. Talk about underdriven!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those step-up circuits also have some ability to limit (at least the voltage) to the LED because that same trick works on the Arc-AAA -using 2 1/3AAA cells.

Brock

Flashaholic
I don't know lemlux, I popped one of the 3.6v you sent me in there and it is definitely brighter then any of my Arc's. It is probably the brightest single LED I own now.

I wonder why mine is brighter? I am running it in one of the newer ones, with + side up. Hummm, maybe I shouldn't keep running it that way...

Oh just as a note I just added a dab of solider to the top of the 3.6v battery and now it works fine, even without the tinfoil
smile.gif

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brock:

Maybe LEDs just like you more. I'll try a different battery and see if I loaded a dud.

Maybe the circuitry design in the Infinity never specifically contemplated seeing a 3.6 V battery and the regulation from that voltage input is inconsistent. Mr. Glow's comment about "some ability to limit voltage" sounds compatable with this hypothesis.

I'm glad you're happy with the result.

Lux Luthor seems to have been unimpressed with his previous execution of this experiment.

TCPilot

Newly Enlightened
lemlux (or anyone!),

Could you please enlighten me as to the 3.6v option for the Infinities? What battery are you using? I just got my first Infinity (red) and would like to see it brighter...

Thanks,

/TCP

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lemlux:
...Lux Luthor seems to have been unimpressed with his previous execution of this experiment...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I first thought you meant Lithium 123 batteries. I should have read more carefully. I've hooked up the head to those. Impressive, but no real way to fit the battery in there. I've never seen a 3.6V AA.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those who asked about the lithium 3.6 V AA battery are encouraged to read about the batteries I'm offering in the Buy Sell area.

These are low drain batteries that normally run in the 2 mA range, and lose capacity quickly as the drain increases. Max recommended drain is around 120 mA. I guessed the LED drain in an infinity will mean the battery should last for about 10 hours.