O-Ring Availability

N162E

Enlightened
Anybody have any thoughts where I might find O-Rings for replacement on a Streamlight Stylus? I realize I could get them from Streamlight. Just wondering if O-Rings that small are used for something else that might make them available locally. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Zigzago

Enlightened
I've seen small O rings inside the cartridges used in washerless faucets. You might check the plumbing section of a hardware or home improvement store.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Home Depot has a big selection in their plumbing department. There's some trial and error there as to what size you'll need. There's literally dozens of different ones. Bring a sample with you, or your flashlight for a good fit.

nightshade

Enlightened
I use 0-rings alot at work. One very good investment was a o-ring sizing tool from www.mcmaster.com. This site also sells o-rings,o-ring splicing kits for custom sizes,etc., and o-ring assortment kits that are very handy.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a problem.

Home Depot/Lowes sell Danco brand O-rings in a very wide selection, cheap. Great quality.

I routinely buy lots for casual replacement.

Don't worry about the O-rings degradation, replacement is nothing.

You might try some of the BIG ones, to add to the body of "slippery" lights. Nice custom touch.