It's been awhile

Prodeje79

Newly Enlightened
It\'s been awhile

Wow it has been awhile since I have been on.
I have been trying to watch my money!

Must ... not ... buy ... more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Man I want one of those Lionshearts! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Re: It\'s been awhile

Welcome back!

If you hurry you can pre order an XM3 from Elektrolumens!

It may already be too late to get a Lambda 3W HD pill!

Oh yeah, you wanted to save money.

Sorry, can't help you!

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Happy returns, P79. When I hit the big time, I'll remember you and all the little people here and will buy everybody their favorite light - if available.

6000 X $200 = ... Ooooo! $1.2M! We'll see how big the jackpot is.

Prodeje79

Newly Enlightened

So if i was gonna by ONE more, what would you recommend? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

jayflash: I will hold you up to that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

Prodeje79

Newly Enlightened
WOW It has been awhile *AGAIN*!!!

I've gotten married, got a house, turbo-charged my 1997 maxima 5-speed, and got a new job since I was last here!

I am suffering from flashlight withdrawl again!

I have browsed through various threads and my head is spinning trying to catch up!

So what do I need to buy now? :>

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's no way to catch up completely P79. My head was spinning after a four month hiatus and I ended up spending about $300 in "catch up" fees.

This place seems to move at the speed of light these days - too much info in too little time.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow....you must have been gone awhile....

must say, i find even TWO WEEKS of CPF stuff too hard to catch up with!

i feel for you, dude....

--neg

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
New Products come and go bye fast....need some thing long lasting....

.. QIII came Conqured and gone .... donno how long fenix L1 / L2 series could hold on ... it's currently the top selling light...

Dont forget Peak's 2005 Special... it's one of the Brightest & Highest Quality light in the offering...

HDS.... Pricy... but again a relatively good Price/Cost/Brightness performance

Oh... by the way... Arc Came back ;) ... (if you did know it went out)....

LRI Proton.... ! ... it's still coming.... changing "Avtars" at it's business end while it is nearing arrival...

Lion's heart's did roar up loud...they got Cub's too... now they have landed in a different teritory of their own... check out through "Search" feature ;) .. Chamelion's changing colors now...

PDIII ... a New Concept in Lighting... with Piston Drive... is here....

PC Programmable Lights are now a reality....

on LED Front....
NextGen K2 ... and new Gen Lux III 's ... are called as Jokers... as they do not focus well with existing high end reflectors.... Reflectors are accordingly changing too....

Cree... and Nichia are not too far behind.....

Nichia CS has landed... so does the Peak29Snow... both have their advantages and disadvantages... but one thing is common.... they both are bright.... twice as bright as before...

well... that's about it... I hope i havent missed on anything in summarizing... but i may be wrong... as I myself havent been around for a couple of months too...

Prodeje79

Newly Enlightened
WOW I appreciate the replys! Lots of good info!

I have been currently carrying my CMG Ultra-G.

I need a new small light. :>

I have had my eye on a Fire Fly 1 or 2.

I also am considering a Lion Cub. I see Cy has a rare Ti one for sale. I have always been a huge fan on Mr Bulk. Plus it will match my Ti wedding band....
I just don't have $500 to drop right now around Christmas. :> I realize it is still rather close to the original price, someone take it before I go crazy!!

Any opinions on a super small light like I am carrying now?

As for now I will continue to read and search other threads 8)

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you are thinking incouple of 100's of $$$ (in my personal opinion) Cub is good... But... HDS EDC 42 - 60 Basic / Ultimate will offer much better value for money & features as compared with Cub ...

If the Figure was around $100 then i would suggest you Peak Special It's an absolute Retina Scrocher and will offer choice of both the battery types... Other Peak Lights are also good ones.. like Carrebian and Meditarian etc series...

If you want Sub $50 .. go in for Fenix L1p or L2P not a retina scrocher but still good (as people say it... slightly hyped.. but it's ok kinda)... (as QIII is a rare to find.. some one offered used for a sale.. and it was gone in less than a minute!!!) these days

Prodeje79

Newly Enlightened
You really got me thinking.... I have been reading and reading different threads.........

That Peak CPF special seems nice and can use the rechargables....

What do you think about the AmiLite Neo T3?
They recently just had a groupbuy for $10 off.
http://www.amilite.co.kr/
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/amilite_neot3.htm

I really would like to see something even smaller. I hope Mr. Bulk cooks something up........
I prolly won't be able to afford one though of course :>

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may have missed the Jil Lites. They are Korean-made CR2 lights that offer high quality for the price. Similar in design and look to the Amilite, but smaller (since its a CR2) and supposedly the manufacturers aren't affiliated. They come in "1.3" regulated and "DD" direct drive versions. The direct drive one is a marvel since it's quite small, has no electronics to go bad or sap efficiency, and buts out useful light for over 20 hours on one primary cell.

The Fenix IS worth checking out since it is quite small, has good output, and is the first reasonably priced single AA luxeon light. Its never been done before, so its worthy of attention- simple as that. As others have said, the Fenix outperforms the original Arc LS, for $30-$45 running on a single AA battery. Will there be Fenix-killers that outperform it on a AA or even AAA battery further down the road? Of course, but the Fenix has its place in the flashlight history books.

Prodeje79

Newly Enlightened
I decided to wait before I spend a lot. I am seeing how the QC concerns pan out for the peak. I missed the amilite :<

To hold me off, I got a Fenix L1 special with a R bin for $29 from light hound instead of a true l1p. I think I got the last one :>

I think I will also throw a lithium AA in my Ultra-G and see how it is....

I am thinking we gonna se some sweet small lights out ...soon.........

EDIT: I see that dallas is taking care of the issues, I will have to think some more :>

Last edited:

Prodeje79

Newly Enlightened
Welcome, Prodeje79.
You last visited: 12-14-2006 at 07:32 AM

Hey all!
"It's been awhile", once again!

How's everyone doing? What is going on these days on CPF? Is my MiniMiniHID in need of upgrading??? ^_^