• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **GONE** Super Flashlight 2/TWOJ Lux 3

Halibut

Enlightened
Just shelled out for one of Don's beautiful Aleph 1's, and am in the midst of a machining project that's taxing my credit union account. Therefore:

SF2, serialized (#10), with TWOJ Lux3, Fraen and reflector. Sadly, this was a drawer queen that rarely saw the light of day. Mint condition. Comes with Fraen installed.

$## shipped CONUS USPS Priority with delivery confirmation. Paypal only, please.

Thanks for looking!

Dan

hideo

Enlightened
Re: FS: Super Flashlight 2/TWOJ Lux 3/Fraen/reflector

awww, cripes, couldn't you just sell one of the kids into indentured servitude ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

my newly-arrived SF-2 is tack-welded to my left hip--these are really beauteous lights with MJ's infamous hand-selected emitters ...

bereavement bump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

hideo

Likebright

Enlightened
Re: FS: Super Flashlight 2/TWOJ Lux 3/Fraen/reflec

Dan Here are some pictures of my SF2 which I sold a couple of weeks ago if this will help to show what it looks like etc.
Mike

medium.jpg
medium.jpg

Halibut

Enlightened

Hideo, Mike, thanks for the assist. I hate to let this SF2 go, but I don't need two Super Flashlights (as a loved one recently reminded me) in the house.

By the way, the emitter in this SF2 is a hand-selected overachiever, basically a U-flux Lux3 in a TWOJ's body.

-Dan

photon555

Newly Enlightened

What kind of converter does this version have? Do you have an approximate runtime for it?

Jim

Cones

Enlightened

Dan,

PM Sent

I'll take it if you can ship it to the UK?

Is this a Downboy or a MJ Superdown version?

Thanks

Mark

Halibut

Enlightened

Jim and Mark,

This SF-2 uses Mike's modified DownBoy 1000. There are two rather extensive threads that discuss the particulars:

SF-2 Preview

SF-2 Sale Page

Jim, the SF-2 stays pretty steady until the 60 minute mark, then dims after around 80 minutes. Respectable for 2x123s pushing a full amp trough the Luxeon. KJ has a nice plot that compares the new SDC and a standard DB1000:

KJ's Runtime Plot

By the way, I've run this SF-2 head on a 3x123 body and it works very well. Chris' Hyperlux flashlight bodies will fit on the SF-2 and give you even more runtime.

TnC Hyperlux

The threads on the SF-2 head are milled tight, so you may need a special HL battery tube to match. Chris hand-fitted my spare 3x123 tube (sorry, I'm keeping it). Contact Chris if you're interested--he's a great person to work with.

Thanks guys, I'll be in touch.

PMs sent.

Dizney

Newly Enlightened

Request to be next in line to purchase the SF2 if Photon or Cones decide not to buy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

photon555

Newly Enlightened

Dizney,

You are actually in front of me since I didn't say I would take it. I've been thinking about it and reading about it, but can't expect Dan to pass up a sure sale. So go ahead if Mark doesn't. Sorry for any confusion.

Jim

Likebright

Enlightened
Re: FS: Super Flashlight 2/TWOJ Lux 3/Fraen/refle

Dan,
I have a Hiperlux 5. Did you say that the head on the SF2 or 3 for that matter will handle three 123s if I screw the tube on to it? I don't want to smoke the converter or something but would like to swap and save. Maybe use two Pila 150s in the tube or something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
Mike

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast

I remember reading somewhere that Mike's SDC convertor can only handle up to 6.2v. You might want to check on this before using 3xCR123 on the SF2 or SF3..

Halibut

Enlightened

Hi guys. I actually had the very same question for Arc Mania, and here is his reply:

[ QUOTE ]
Hello Daniel,

It should be OK, but don't exceed 9 volts.

Regards,

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I've used both my SF-2 and SF-3 with the 3x123 tube--and believe Icarus has as well--to no ill effect. The SF-2 in this post uses Mike's modified DB1000.

-Dan