soooo.. it's gonna drop into the 30's tonight.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: soooo.. it\'s gonna drop into the 30\'s tonight.

Rain tonight and tomorrow low in the 60s highs in the mid 70s, it had best not get into the 30s here for 4 or 5 more months, there's too much fishing still undone this year.

coachbigdog

Enlightened

Watchin' Frances.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

How's the weather?

Well, I just got my power back after 17 days following hurricane Charley, and now Frances is knocking on the door with 140+ MPH winds possibly this weekend...

Sooooo..... It could be better... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I hope you're guys toes don't get too cold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Peter

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

70 and clear now, 82 and clear tomorrow. It's been awfully cool this summer- I bet we pay this winter. Keep your heads down and your lights handy in the southeast- Good luck!

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hot. It was about 108 today and they expect the same or hotter tomorrow.

Record in my area for today's date - 123 in 1951. I just realized that I have the same area code as Death Valley !

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

Holding our breath around here waiting to see if Hurricane Frances is going to turn north. It's looking like NC will be spared this time, but everyone still remembers how Fran and Floyd ripped through the state. My prayers go out for you folks in Florida and Georgia.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

The weather couldn't be nicer in CA. In the 90s in the days and about 60 in in morning.

MY WEATHER

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
haveblue said:
The weather couldn't be nicer in CA. In the 90s in the days and about 60 in in morning.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's like what we have (if you add 5°) down here 25 miles outside of L.A.
We had a great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif August.
Now if we can just get thru September, we'll be in my kind of weather. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

-Ya gotta just love those new icons! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:

soooo.. it's gonna drop into the 30's tonight.
#672478 - 09/01/04 09:21 PM

how's the weather, folks? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Humm, yeah, but what about global warming? One group was running around claiming it was 15C above normal everywhere, which if the weather data was looked at, you'd have to differ with that opinion...

This past two weeks seems to have been colder and rainer than I can remember seeing around here for a late August. Normally don't see that sort of weather until very late Sept or Oct.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, it was only 43 with gusty wind this afternoon--when I was at 14,110 feet on Pike's Peak. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif There was a bunch of snow up there last week. I hate to think what it's going to be tonight.

(Remind self to pack hat and gloves next trip up there...)

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gorgeous at Fenway Park in Boston tonight. Very comfortable with a refreshing breeze later on although by the time I got home at past midnight, you'd probably want a light jacket if still staying out for any length of time. I've gone up to the parent's in northern Vermont and seen a frost over Labor Day weekend before.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

2 feet a snow and highs in the 90.s

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

The high today is 75 and sunny, with no chance of rain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Go Santa Barbara, California!

Did I mention the forecast for the next 10 days is sunny, no chance of rain, and temperatures between 74 and 76? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Anchorage, Alaska currently 54 degrees with light rain. Continued rain the next couple of days. Details & forecast here.

Nightime lows in the upper 30s to mid 40s - Daytime highs in the upper 50s to lower 60s!

Yep, winter is on the way for us. We typically have some snow by mid October, sometimes as early as late September...then it doesn't really go away till April/May...sigh...but we're talking those long days of darkness way up North here. Flashaholic season on the way as well! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Alaska and the Northwest Territories have been warmer than the upper midwest for a good part of the summer. Mother Nature flip, flops, too.

Global, average, temperature is quite different than local or regional temps.