Pink / Purple LED Search

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I made the mistake of telling my daughter she could have a flashlight with an LED of any color she wanted (thinking like a man, I thought white, red, green, etc).

Of course, she said "pink" or "purple". I did the normal search engine stuff and found a couple, but they seem to be the same ones that LED Museum tested with a 5 hour lifetime.

Does anyone know of some half decent, ideally 3mm or smaller, "pink" or "purple" LEDs. Even 50 % brightness after a few 100 hours is acceptable for this application.

If I come up empty, I have to eat some crow with my wife - I mean, a CPF addict and all.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Hmmmmmmmm...be careful with any "purple" ones..you really don't want to get into the "UV wavelength of danger" to the eyes!

Can't say I've ever seen pink ones? Perhaps a white one with a filter? Could do a Minimag drop-in module with a filter?

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Countycomm has UV pocket lights for 5$. Great gift for when you drop your daughter off at that rave...

I think Peak led does custom lights.

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
HarryN said:
Hi, I made the mistake of telling my daughter she could have a flashlight with an LED of any color she wanted (thinking like a man, I thought white, red, green, etc).

Of course, she said "pink" or "purple". I did the normal search engine stuff and found a couple, but they seem to be the same ones that LED Museum tested with a 5 hour lifetime.

Does anyone know of some half decent, ideally 3mm or smaller, "pink" or "purple" LEDs. Even 50 % brightness after a few 100 hours is acceptable for this application.

If I come up empty, I have to eat some crow with my wife - I mean, a CPF addict and all.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I am sucker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If you like I can have one made up for you. You can PM me or send me an email at [email protected] I think I might do this for my little one as well, sense she plays with her RGB a lot and is into the same colors.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Wow...HarryN posts a request at 6:07pm and a little over 2 hours later...a fellow CPF Supporter/Manufacturer offers to "make it happen"!

Cheers to DallasA (also not forgeting the 'offers of direction' from markdi, greenlight, & Craig/Led Museum) and the GREAT group of members we have here!!

Yep, I know this could have gone to the Cheers Forum...but it just immediately applies here!

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Everyone

I will look at all the suggestions in detail. The ETG ones are 5mm, so it would be a very tight fit for this light.

I am doing a home made for her, so I am just looking for the LEDs right now. DallasA, I will PM you later.

Thanks again everyone.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Let me email my contact at ETG, and see if there are any 3mm pink or purple LEDs available...

(Edit a moment later)
Email sent...all I can do now is wait.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wanna do a group buy Harryn?
I'll take a few for starters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Others will follow soon enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a green microlight I bought at Long's for 3.99. They had other colors, although I can't remember which.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
3rd_shift said:
Wanna do a group buy Harryn?
I'll take a few for starters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Others will follow soon enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi - let me try to get some pricing first on the package. I am not sure that I have the time or patience to run a normal group buy. If they are cheap enough, maybe I can buy the minimum, and see if one of the existing on line dealers / cpf banner guys will add the rest to their inventory and do some kind of split so I can break even and they can cover their time.

Thanks Craig for the Lead / Find. Can you PM a contact for ETG ?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
HarryN said:
Thanks Craig for the Lead / Find. Can you PM a contact for ETG ?

[/ QUOTE ]
PM on the way shortly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DallasA

Enlightened
ETG is shipping us some of the Purple/Pink 3 mm today. When they get in I will have one assembled and post a photo.

DallasA

Enlightened
As stated above. We got the LED's in and I got them with a more pinkish tint to them the picture to not do these little thing justice.

I did up a 1 LED AAA for my little girl and she loves it. I was the bomb mom ( Smile ) I need to make up two more for the two little girls down the block and Alex took it with here to school today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Here is the link if you like to see the end product.

http://www.peakledsolutions.net/newitems.html

They are more pink then they look in the photos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Have a Great Weekend Everyone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MJ

paulr

Flashaholic
UV lights are bad for your eyes and should not be given out as playthings to people who don't know what they're doing.

Violet leds are available but also put out a considerable amount of UV. I wouldn't give those either.

Pink is just a mixture of red and white. So maybe the simplest approach is a two-led light with a red led and a white led, that light simultaneously.

Latest posts