PEAK Brass 2N light

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
came across a link to the 'steep discounts' page of PEAK, and after reading the reviews of their lights, ordered the 2N light off their discount page (it's like 1/3 normal cost 'cause 1) it's weird (2N batts) and 2) it's a prototype (and only 1 LED).

Naturally I'm planning to convert it to LUX once i get it anyhow so that is better (only one hole).

In any event.. anybody know if the Ns are just stacked, i sure hope so because i found a 2N Lithium battery.. 3V lithium and the exact size of two stacked Ns. I think the light is about the size of a solitaire but a smidge wider (2-3mm)... but made of brass.

If i can find the 1W drivers i bought it would make for a great lux mod of this light!. Hope the 2N batt will fit... took a hell of a long time to find it.

-awr

mudmojo

Newly Enlightened
Sounds cool.

In your travels, did you find any regular N Lithium cells or only the 2N's? Wonder if the 2N Lithiums are stacked? Hmmm...

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
spending like two hours i found zero lithium N's... i suspected the doubleN was a stacked set but no findy singleN lithium.

I did find NiMH and NiCD Ns.. if the doubleN doesn't work i know where to go next

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
So... got the light today... very nice if not heavy (of course being brass)... however i'm in luck it does have the inside one continuous hole for the 2N batts... even better.. there is at least 9mm of un-drilled depth inside the light, so there are some interesting options regarding upgrades to be sure..

To better that... unbelievable: it was a 'prototype' and without any mention.. it came with a spare EMPTY head complete with o-ring... there is a 10.5mm cavity in the head that has 'steps' of 10, 9 and 8.5mm... screaming for a 9mm board... but there is enough space in there to easily fit a 1W driver like the micropuck from leddynamics.... looking for other battery options that might fit inside, including being able to ream out an add'l 9mm depth if necessary.

I have some beamshots that include the peak2n on my micromighty webpage