Your 1st Good or 123 Light?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Either I didn't search hard enough or this has not been asked in the same way. So...

My first flashaholic grade was a StreamLight 2C, halogen, straight, aluminum tubed, heavy duty light purchased in 1985. There was nothing like it at the time that I knew of. It was hardly longer than the two C cells and the head was the same diameter as the tube. I understand the SF 6P came out about that time but was even more rare.

My first 123 cell light was the Scorpion that I bought one year ago.

What was your first good light and when was it purchased?

What was your first 123 cell light and when?

Thanks to all responders.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I regarded my first good light my Arc AA, purchased when they first came out. I think that was about a year ago. A few months after that came my beloved, flawless Arc LSL, my first and still only 123 light.

Geoff

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first 123 light I purchased was a Scorpion about three years ago. Man I have spent a lot in the last three years! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My first CR123A cell light was probably the Arc-LS prototype, received sometime in late summer 2001 if I remember correctly.

arcls6.jpg

This photograph shows it with the 2xAA battery pack installed, rather than the CR123A cell battery pack.

My first "good" flashlight (not Mag or Garrity or whatever), probably the Arc-AAA that I received sometime in late 2000 or early 2001.

junior

Enlightened
My first 123 light is and still is SF G2. Inova X5 is on the way for my B-Day. My B-day is this month.

capnal

Enlightened
My first 123 light was November 2001, at a gun show in Dallas, Streamlight Scorpion. In fact, that very same day my wife got her first 123 light as well, her SF E1. I later gave that Scorp to my Dad for helping me move some furniture as a thank you gift in 2003, and I have since replaced it many times over with another Scorp and several others!

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a flashaholic, I came to the Arcs and 123 cells rather late - just in this past year.

Betcha 1985 will be hard to beat for getting a first really good light. That SL 2C sold for $20 - $30 retail, which was high for that time. I was selling fire equipment then and very few fire departments, in my area, bought them or Mags. Now, almost all departments use expensive lights.

nexro

Enlightened
Can I have two first good lights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
They are definately my Arc AAA and Arc LSHF-P.

I still use my Arc AAA while my LSHF sits in a drawer now because I have an Arc4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first good 123 light was an Arc LSL-P (second), my next one was an LSH-P (second), then an Arc AAA, and then, and then, and then ...... it's a vicious roller coaster man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mike

BOILER

Newly Enlightened
1st good light - Streamlight Excalibur Halogen 3 D-cells, purchased from a local police supply store, late '80s ('87?)

1st 123 light - Streamlight Scorpion, early-mid '90s ('93?)

Both of these lights are my dedicated "car lights" now.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
CR123 Grey kit Arc LS off ebay maybe 6 months ago. Before that, I had 4 D-cell Kel-lights and Maglites (starting in the 70's) which I had thought were good lights...

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, BOILER. Welcome to the CPF. Seems like we grew our flashaholic roots about the same time. You were really on top of the flashlight heap back then.

HesNot

Enlightened
Yep - I'm a relative newbie here - first flashaholic grade light was my Arc LSH-P bought about a year ago. It is still my most used light (particularly with the 2xAA pack). Several others have come and gone but the LSHP continues to be my favorite all around task light (although my Madmax Lite LuxIII is starting to creep up on it for some uses)

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Nothing to write home about until fairly recently (last year or two TOPS).

First 123 light? Brinkmann LX. Never took much of a shining to it, but it was bright! It's in my Sisters glove box now.

First GOOD 123 Light? G2. Best 123 light? SNII!

Only decent aluminum light that isn't M*g, is a 5D Excalibre I got from a friend of my Dads some months ago.

Do have a 6D light made from two Rayovac Aluminum 3D lights from the 80's...

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm... I guess my first 123 would have been a Streamlight scorpion in about '92, and my first good light was a Surefire 9N with rapid charger in '94

Glenn

Enlightened
ARC AAA about 2-3 years ago.
Then 2 more.
Then (just this year- CPF's FAULT) ARC LSP 2nd.
Then....within 3 weeks ARC 4+ 2nd.
Then ARC 4+ FIRST !
Then too many more ..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Most are not used much.
I EDC my ARC 4+ second and a tonyb lux solitaire mod.

Glenn