new to group - have simple mod for my Arc-AAA

RickSparber

Newly Enlightened
I own an Arc-AAA and use it often. It reminds me of my battery powered drill. Even when I have 120V nearby, I would rather use this drill than reach for my AC powered one and then go find a plug. I find myself using my Arc-AAA even when there is a drop light nearby.

Anyway, a simple addition I have made is to buy an O-ring that is a snug fit to the Arc's body. It drops into the gap between the head and battery holder when not in use. In that position it adds an extra level of protection against accidentally turning it on. The O-ring easily rolls back when I want to turn the Arc on. When I want to use the Arc, hands free, I remove the O-ring, slip it over the temple piece of my glasses, and then slide the temple piece through the ring on the back of my Arc. I then roll the O-ring back onto the Arc. This secures the Arc to my glasses and puts the light where I need it. Low tech but it sure works well.

Rick Sparber

Radagast

Enlightened
Off to Depot for some o-rings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!! That is actually a really good idea for a hands free light. I dont wear glasses but i suppose it would work equally well on certain models of safety glasses too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

--Shane