• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Aleph 1x123 Complete Light

<font color="red"> ***SOLD*** </font>: Aleph 1x123 Complete Light, a McGizmo masterpiece, has Aleph 1 BB500/TV1K head, Aleph 1x123 body, and Aleph McE2S 15 ohm two way tailswitch. All black HA III. Like new condition. $170 shipped to US destinations, $175 shipped international.

Aleph.jpg

Aleph2.jpg

toyopet

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Aleph 1x123 Complete Light McGizmo Masterp

How does the Aleph compare to the VIP w/bh in light output, throwing capability, and size?

This Aleph 1x123 is a half inch shorter than the VIP. The high mode seems comparable in throw to the high mode on the VIP. Not sure about VIP with BH - I don't have the BH. Also not sure about total light output. You should check out McGizmo's Aleph thread for more details.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very Nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif I would be extremely tempted to get it except I've already got a custom Aleph on order..

[ QUOTE ]
toyopet said:
How does the Aleph compare to the VIP w/bh in light output, throwing capability, and size?

[/ QUOTE ]

From my understanding, the Aleph1 reflector is very similar to the PR reflector in the PR/PR-T heads, so the beamshot and throw should be similar or basically the same. From my experience, my PR-T DB917 with TVOK on 2xCR123 out throws my VIP with BH, but not by much. Since this one is a 1XCR123 with a BB500, I don't think this will be as bright as the VIP on High, so, the throw should be similarly affected. I don't think there is anything available now that runs on 1xCR123 that will out throw the VIP. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

nexro

Enlightened

Nice light you got there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Unfortunately, I prefer something more than a BB500 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Is it possible to mod it to give higher current?

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast

With 1x123, there's no point in going higher than about 600ma. The single 123 cell can't deliver enough power to drive the emitter any harder than that. In my experience, you can't tell the difference between 600ma and 500ma, anyway.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

I agree with Tyler. If someone plans to use the High level consistantly or as the prime output level, the BB500 is the ideal choice on the 1x123 when you weigh output, runtime and efficiency. The pursuit of max top end often ends up in a tool that is handicaped from being optimal in general and real world use. While this tool will loose in a throw contest (not by a lot) it will win in practicality, hands down.

Wow, no takers on this beauty yet? And it's the newest custom to market! Well, let's droppy the pricey. New price posted in first post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

marcspar

Enlightened

If this is a "made by McGizmo himself" tk light, then it is a steal!

I just got my 2x123 Aleph and I am still tempted by this!

Someone jump on this great deal before I loose control....

Marc

bwass24

Newly Enlightened

I'll take it. Please see your PM