spot-like beam in small SF ever avaiable?

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all:
THis is a post regarding the possibility to have smaller beams on the small surefire lights.
Now don't get me wrong, the beam of these lights are good compromises between optimum distribution and brightness and coverage. but i have come to realize that the smaller surefires, with their high output, are almost useless for distance beyond 40 yards unless you are in a completely dark, open field. Now i know that there are turbo heads available for them but at 100 bucks a pop, i would much rather get a strealight TL2 AND TL2 with the prices i can get from the internet.

Is there a way, such as a deeper replector or something(think laser), to retain the tiny size of these e-series lights and get a narrow beam? I own a 6p converted in to 9p, yet the throw isn't much better than the p60.

Not that i hate my SF's, they are great, just wondering. the cost of the turbo heads my ultimately make me go out and buy a tl3 for the 10000lux throw. am i doomed?

nick

juancho

Enlightened
Yes the throw of the P-61-120 lumens and the P-91-200 lumen is not greater than the p-60- BUT the intensity of the light and the area covered by the hot spot are much bigger putting all those lumens where it make the most good for police work.
If you need a light for spotligthing deer in an open field, them the TL-3 is better, due to its bigger reflector.
Juan C.

litho123

Enlightened
Hi Nick -

Get yourself a Mag 2C and load it up with 3x123's and either a Carley 1499. It will put out 250 lumens, run about 30 minutes, and will have a nice throw.

Then again, you'll soon be having that Mag85 to light the field with. Just don't catch the field on fire! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif