**What do you think about the upcoming Inova T1?**

nonbox

Banned

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **What do you think about the upcoming Inova T

I think I'd like one. The build quality of Inovas is superb - a real pleasure to own. My problem is that I'd like to own every other light out there.

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened

Yeah, you said it. I love the quality. In my opinion no other mass produced light comes close at that price range. I plan on grabbing all of the new inovas. well maybe not the t4 ( I have too many rechargables already ) Now if only they would stop tempting us and get them in the stores already...I can't wait for a t1 and a t3. 2 each in siver and black. Yeah 4 new lights, that oughta keep me satisfied for a few days. Boy this is addictive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif Gona try and find a Sharper Image this weekend that has a xo3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Man ! this is pretty bad, I've been looking forward to the weekend, not for the cookouts and beer, but for my xo3.....then the cookouts and beer to celebrate my quest for the newest arival.

tequilathursday, congratulations, you're there...you've become one of us...the few, the proud, the flashlight-addicted. Your first order of business is to admit your weakness. Your second order of business is to hide all your credit cards from yourself, close your PayPal account, and put all of your savings into a long-term CD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

edison

Enlightened
I have a high opinion of INOVA torches. I think the T1 looks good, especially if you like clickies. I have the X0 and like it very much. I prefer a smaller size in a 1x123 light than the T1, but if it fills a niche for you, then you won't go wrong with the T1. One thing that makes me wonder is why the dealers quote the throw at 150'. Unfortunately INOVA's website doesn't provide any information on the T1 yet. If the X0 throws 200' and burns in regulation for four hours on 2x123; and the T1 burns regulated for two hours on 1x123, why wouldn't it also throw 200'? They both use a 1W Luxeon, and I bet they use the same optic system too. If they both draw the same amount of current, as the runtimes indicate, why wouldn't they also throw the same? Any thoughts?

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
Hi Edison I'll take a stab at your question though I just woke up and the noodle is still a little wet. So someone correct me if I'm wrong. 2 cells (in series as they are in this application) provide twice the voltage of a single cell but the same mah capacity. The available current capacity is what provides your run time. With that being said, you can vary these results by using step up or down converters which will change your output and runtimes. I belive a 1w luxeon only requires a nominal 3 volts to run at its rated output. So the 6 volt xo can hold that required voltage in a regulated state for quite a long time. While the one cell t1 only has 3 volts to play with, they probably run it at less than 3 volts to provide a decent runtime at its regulated output. Hence the somewhat lower throw rating.
Then again I could be way off on this one. Let's see what the LED vets say about it.

Rich

JML

Enlightened
Inova's PDF info sheet says:

Total professional quality with a visible difference
INOVA TACTICAL/POLICE LED FLASHLIGHTS
4.59" length x 0.98" diameter
1 watt high-powered LED
Up to 150' effective range
Intelligent power regulating circuitry
Up to 2 hour burn time
One 123A lithium battery
Button control—press for momentary on,
click for constant on/off
Twist cap for lock-out mode

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like the INOVAs.

How tight is the beam? Is it between an X1 and an XO-3 in tightness, or is it outside of that range? If it is between those two, where does it fall?

I know that many would dissagree with me, but when I want throw I don't want ANY spill. If I want spill I'll use something else. If INOVA offered a 1W LS with a beam like an X1 (or close), I'd not only buy one but I'd also try to pester them into making one in green and I'd buy that one, too.

[ QUOTE ]
Sub_Umbra said:
I like the INOVAs.

...when I want throw I don't want ANY spill. If I want spill I'll use something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. When it's throw I'm after, the spill is not that important to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

nonbox

Banned
Why is the T1 so long for a 1 cr123 flashlight? Is the length due to the clickie switch?

nonbox

Banned
I heard there will be a T2. How much longer in length is the T2? Is the T2 a 2 cr123 flashlight?

nonbox

Banned
So the T2 is the same led as the X0? I assume the T2 has a clickie and different knurling.

ErickThakrar

Enlightened

Anybody else think the T series lights would be perfect for a mod with an IMS reflector? Cut that sucker down in length and put in a reflector.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wished they'd put a pocket clip on the things!
--chiphead

nonbox

Banned

T1 = 35 lumens
T2 = 40 lumens
T3 = 85 lumens

I don't think there is much of a difference in lumens between the T1 & T2. You get only an extra 5 lumens with the T2 but it is much longer in length. If I am going to get a longer flashlight, I'd go with the much brighter T3.

TrashReminder

Newly Enlightened

I've seen them all in real thing (samples for distributors) except T4. The T-series has pretty much the same brightness as with the X0-series. The one hand operating mechanism is sweet and knurl on the grip is a great addition from X0. If I didn't heard it wrong it only comes in black as T = Tatical and Law enforcement. One thing that concerns me is the water resistance issue for the new back switch.

Among the 3 T1 surprised me the most since it is in the size of X5 but the brightness of X0 (tho the battery burns out quick).

I never thought T-series will be out so soon (end Sept) and I'm sure it's gonna hurt the retailers as X0 and X03 just came out not long ago.