2 AA minimg special down under

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Minimag 2AA's are on special at $29.95 AU Dollars at
Ausie disposals. I just purchased a pewter
one, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif It's waiting for me to drop in a HD Pill.

mylan

Newly Enlightened
Here in Europe they cost between 20 and 25 Euro. Not really cheap compared to US prices. The same goes for all other lights, knives, GPS and stuff like that. Prices in a shop are at least twice as high as U.S. prices.

Mylan

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
Yeah i saw a dutch shop that asked about 180/190 USD for a E2e.. thats sick.

Btw i think he means AUD, not USD, right?

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
$29.95 Australian dollars, They are normally $44.00 AU,
This is a farthers day promo. Some other stores are also doing the same thing, thats why I bought one, I was not going to pay $44.00 AU.

zippo

Newly Enlightened
$29.95 Australian dollars for 2AA mini mag? you can go on ebay and get it for $10.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
$44 AUD for a MiniMag?!?? That's what, close to thirty US dollars? I'd rather airfreight a Surefire G2 and get all the goodies associated with it for that price! (or, if AAs are a must, the Streamlight Jr Lux and all the LED goodness which goes with it).

The other day I passed by a hardware store and just for fun I decided to ask how much their MiniMag cost. When they told me US$20 I nearly crapped my pants, but it seems that we're still a long way from you guys.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just about everything is expesive in Australia,
But $29.95 isn't bad considering if I bought one
overseas I would need to pay for freight, freight insurance,
cost of paypal or money order and then the delay in shipping.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
This price may seem to be high considering the price
of Mags in some other countries around the world, however there are a growing number of Flashoholics who do live in Australia and the price difference between $44.00 AU and
$29.95 can be justified considering the other costs involved
in importing.

extas

Newly Enlightened
Oh my god, thats a lot. :p

they are $8.99 @ amazon

i think they are around that price at Target. man.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC my Target has them for about $8.50 USD + tax. If out internationalmembers are looking for a few mags it might be cheaper to have someone in the US pick them up and then ship them.

-Mike

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Keep in mind, Maglites are 'premium' and expensive lights in Australia! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif e.g. i've seen Maglite 3d's go for between $60 au and $70 au for a black one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif... and a little Solitaire for between $20 au and $30 au!

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
2AA minimags used to sell for $20 US here. Now, they are arround $16.50 US at the cheapest places. I will also pay $30 or more US for a 3D mag not on sale.(rare)

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I lived in Singapore, I used to find fairly cheap prices for these "premium" lights. IIRC, SG$17 for minimag 2AA, SG$23 for UKE mini Q40. I'm living in Australia now and the prices I see in the shops just puts me in shock every time. Now I buy my lights when I go back to see the folks.

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Hi there TORCH_BOY, Steelwolf and udders!

I can sympathesise with the costs in Australia, everyone wants to make a million $$$'s! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

I sell Pila products from Perth, Western Oz so if any of you Ozzies or 'EN Zedders' want to avoid importing costs (for Pila torches at least) let me know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gifwww.harristech.com.au

balrog

Enlightened
I saw Minimag 2AAs at Katmandu camping stores in Sydney for $AUS19.95. I think that was two Christmases ago now. I'm pretty sure King of knives sells them for about $29.95 most of the time.

I think a SureFire 6P is about $AUS200 here - approx $US140 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif.