HERO Jet Li

coachbigdog

Enlightened
What a weird movie.I liked Crouching tiger hidden dragon,but this was even MORE over the top.Spoiler coming; As IN WHEN Sword and storm,or something like that,take on 3ooo men with weapons!No scatches on them.Just a little much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a fantasy, like lord of the rings. I thought it was pretty, especially the fight among the autumn leaves. That was just beautiful...

nexro

Enlightened
At the beginning of the movie, I almost fell asleep /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
After that, it was better...

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
is it good? would you guys recommend it? personally, i don't really think crouching tiger that good, but i like the kiss of the dragon.

zippo

Newly Enlightened
I seen this movies on dvd six month ago. you can go to the chinese or vietnamese video store and rent it.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
This movie was seriously criticized, it seemed they thought it was too commercial, too empty, the dialogues were a joke, it was no more than a MTV perhaps. The director never has his own formed style, every of his movies is of different style, so he's not popular among the experts and the critics. I do prefer CTHD.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
shiftd said:
is it good? would you guys recommend it? personally, i don't really think crouching tiger that good, but i like the kiss of the dragon.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you didn't like Crouching Tiger,you won't like this one.

Alan_L

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
SUREFARC said:
This movie was seriously criticized, it seemed they thought it was too commercial, too empty, the dialogues were a joke, it was no more than a MTV perhaps. The director never has his own formed style, every of his movies is of different style, so he's not popular among the experts and the critics. I do prefer CTHD.

[/ QUOTE ]

What reviews are you referring to? Every review I've seen has been favorable. rottentomatoes.com, a movie review site that collects and surveys reviews from all the major media outlets give it an average score of 8.3/10. It was also nominated for an Oscar in the Best Foreign Picture category last year.

I liked Hero but I can see how it might not be for everyone. There is a lot of imagery and symbolism mixed in with martial arts action instead of a straight-up action flick. It depends what you are in the mood to see. I liked how it asked the question of what does it mean to be a hero, but leaves it to the viewer to answer that question for themselves. Watching Zhang Ziyi is not a bad thing either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DLG

Newly Enlightened
I throughly enjoyed this movie. The photography and scenery were stunning. Like CTHD, there were unique (to me) things done that captivated this movie goer. I intend to see this movie again, perhaps several times.

I understand another of this genre movie is coming that's said to be better still. Can't wait.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
nerdgineer said:
Oh, by the way, I should have mentioned that while it has subtitles, it kind of helps if...

you speak Mandarin Chinese....

[/ QUOTE ]

If you did, that would totally ruin the mood, believe me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast