L4 VS L5

Barefootone

Enlightened
<font color="blue"> </font> Hey Guys,
Maybe an old question, but I need some opinions on the subject of the <font color="red"> </font> SureFire L4 in comparison to the L5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif . I know that the beams have to be some what different with the center spots and spill areas because of reflector differences and also the run times. I'd like to know what the general consensus is, since there are probably bunches of you that own them both. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif.
As always Keep-Em bright in the night,
Jeff <font color="blue"> </font>

nexro

Enlightened
The L5 is also a bit large to EDC, unlike the L4 which fits my pocket just fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I put the L5's bezel (KL5) on the L4 body, using DSpeck's E2C adapter. Also has a McE2S 22 ohm Z52 tail cap. Makes a nice size package with two levels of output.
oldgrandpajack

zippo

Newly Enlightened
I like the L4,I can carry with me all the time,the L5 is too big to carry all the time.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
oldgrandpajack said:
I put the L5's bezel (KL5) on the L4 body, using DSpeck's E2C adapter.
oldgrandpajack

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. It's like a L4 turbohead:

e2ckl5e.jpg

Barefootone

Enlightened
Hey Sean,
Thank you for the reply they are much appreciated. I have looked over your beam shots and this is all telling. I quote you <font color="bluThedifferenceistheL5usesalargerreflectorgivingyouatighterhotspotandincreasedsizeoflightIagreeIlikewhatIseeintheL5shotspotandbeamsizeImnotsayingtheL4isntgoodbutIdofavorthelargeroutputoftheL5IwouldntusetheL5asanEDConmypersonIdhaveitinmybackpackwhenIGeocacheYourbeamshotsofthe4amp5areverygoodandtheinfoisquiteinformativeKudostoJohnforyourinputonusingDSpecksE2Cadapterandthe22ohmintheMcE2SswitchKudostoNexroandZippoalsoImcurioustoseewhatothersthinkofthedifferencesalsogoodjoboopsIhadtorepostthissodisregardthepreviousoneIcouldntdeleteitKeepembrightinthenightJeffgoodjobe"> </font>

Barefootone

Enlightened
<font color="blue"> </font> Hey Sean,
Thank you for the reply it is appreciated. I have looked at your beam shots and they are telling. I quote you " The difference is the L5 uses a larger reflector giving you a tighter hot-spot and increased size of light", I agree. I like what I see in the L5's hot spot and beam size. I'm not saying the L4 isn't good, but I do favor the larger output of the L5. I wouldn't use the L5 as an EDC on my person, I'd have it in my back pack when I Geocache. Your beam shots of the 4&5 are very good and the info. is quite informative.
Kudos to John for your input on using DSpeck's E2C adapter and the 22 ohm in the McE2S switch. Kudos to Nexro and Zippo also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif.
I had to post this again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oops.gif, so disregard the previous one I couldn't delete it?
Keep-em bright in the night,
Jeff