Minimag 2 AA Bulb with 123 Cell

flashlite

Enlightened
Pardon my ignorance here but will this work without blowing the bulb or shortening its life too significantly? I know voltage shouldn't be a problem but I'm not sure about current. If current is an issue, could that be easily overcome in a way that uses as little space as possible?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
neither would likely be an issue. incan draw current based on whatever voltage provided, so if the voltage is the same, then the current should be the same, and you should be able to run your lamp without afraid of it getting burned out, unless of course it wants to get burned up all by himself, something that we all know minimag bulbs love to do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

flashlite

Enlightened
Thanks shiftd. Here my follow-up question:

I don't own a Surefire but I love the E1E form factor. Would it be fairly easy to mod an E1E bulb assembly to accept a minimag bi-pin? I realize I'll be sacrificing brightness and beam focus will be different from the E1E bulb but I'm willing to sacrifice that for longer runtimes and lower bulb replacement costs. I also like the fact that the minimag bulbs are widely available.