The Clam Chowder Interrogation

Has anyone compared the Tektite 1 watt bulbs with other 1 watt Luxeon bulbs ?

• Manhattan (tomato base)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New England (cream base)

• Rhode Island (broth base)

• Total voters

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love thick, chunky chowder soups whether it's clam only or seafood. A couple of times, I have gone to chowder fests where you sample local restaurant's chowder and vote for your favorite.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
AlphaTea said:
Wow, I never even heard of Rhode Island Clam Chowder!

[/ QUOTE ]
Me either.
I voted for New England (cream base) clam chowder.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
[ QUOTE ]
AlphaTea said:
Wow, I never even heard of Rhode Island Clam Chowder!

[/ QUOTE ]
Me either.
I voted for New England (cream base) clam chowder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely enough one of the best Clam Chowders I've ever tasted was at the Black Swan in Rhode Island - it was the classic New England cream style.

One of the sites that ships New England Clam Chowder (fresh frozen) that boasts voted Boston's best - actually claims to make and ship from Rhode Island.......

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
...and you have to add a few "jolts" of original flavor Tabasco sauce to New England style!!!!

Hmmmmm...I'm off to heat up a bowl now! I'm so susceptible to suggestion! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(That's why it's really bad for me to associate with all of you "Flashaholics" here!!)

Empath

Flashaholic
Here in the northwest we have a chain fish n' chips fast food restaurant named "Skippers". The make a chowder that is claimed to have won an award at one of the World Fairs. It is definitely very good, and unlike any other chowder I've ever tasted. It's a New England style, but there is something they do differently that definitely puts it over the top.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Empath.....

Its the Pioneer Woman Statue in Ponca....
How did I not notice that before?

There's no place like home, There's no place like home, There's no place like home.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
never heard the third and the first option, but can imagine what the first option would taste like, weird /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
i love cream clamchowder, did not know there were other type of clam chowder.

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
Its the Pioneer Woman Statue in Ponca....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, she helped raise me. She probably wonders where we both are.

bhds

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
Here in the northwest we have a chain fish n' chips fast food restaurant named "Skippers". The make a chowder that is claimed to have won an award at one of the World Fairs. It is definitely very good, and unlike any other chowder I've ever tasted. It's a New England style, but there is something they do differently that definitely puts it over the top.

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
I'm an Ivar's man all the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
shiftd said:never heard the third and the first option, but can imagine what the first option would taste like, weird /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
i love cream clamchowder, did not know there were other type of clam chowder.

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
Don't listen to these other folks..there is no other type of clam chowder other than "New England" style! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
iddibhai said:
eh? clam chowder? is this something yummy for my tummy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could it even be possible that you've never had Clam Chowder?! You've been missing the best soup of all!

Personally, I make a mean New England Clam Chowder with just a little added corn, red peppers, bacon and a touch of dill. Mmmm... I'm a purist, but I do like to experiment in the kitchen.

Legal Seafood, of Boston, MA, makes a decent chowder that is available in other places, like D'Angelos sub shops, etc.