Looking to buy a small Home Theater System...any

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Looking to buy a small Home Theater System...any

Hey everyone. I've recently been looking into a Home Theatre in a box system for my bedroom where I have all my DVD's. I'm looking for something not too overly expensive unlike a Bose, (yikes), Something no more than $150 I could probably go into $200. I was looking online and saw some good deals at local electronic stores but once again I don't know if the company has a good reputation and how well the speakers perform. I was attracted to the KLH systems. I found good reviews for them and they are under $150

I would really love it if Altec Lansing made home theatre speakers. I have their speakers on my computer and they really sound great.

I would appreciate any help guys, thanks.

-Danny

coachbigdog

Enlightened
Re: Looking to buy a small Home Theater System...any

I have a major HSS,but I won't be living in this house for long so I didn't want to go thru the hassle of running wires thru the ceiling and everything.Well I ended up buying a cheap $49.99 6 speaker system from Walmart made by Regent and was VERY surprised.It will put out more than enough sound for a bedroom.It's also very easy to set up.For $49.99 I'd suggest you go to Walmart,get it,and try it out.Keep the receipt and take it back if you don't like it.Like I said,I'm an audiophile,but this will surprise you.Is it a Bose?No,but it doesn't cost $2500 either!

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Looking to buy a small Home Theater System...any

This is not a "home theater" but, if your going to be in a bedroom enviroment, I would like to introduce the idea. I have the Logitech Z-680 Computer Speakersystem. Before you begin thinking its a set of computer speakers, read more... On the back of the control module, it has 6Channel Input, Dig Coax, and best of all, Optical. Plus on the front, it has a quick audio in port. So you could gave potentially 4 different machines hooked to the system at one time. 500 Watts RMS is incredible. The control module has some awesome features you can look into, too many to type... Although its not THAT much, I am just too tired, but it does have many decoders, effects, and you can change the volume of the sub, center and surround sound. A little more than your target price but, they are incredible. Heres a link to see what they look like...
Logitech Z-680's
Cameron

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Looking to buy a small Home Theater System...

I have to second the Logitech z-680's. They really are worth the money. Might checkout the Klipsch promedia line also.

LED-FX

Enlightened
Re: Looking to buy a small Home Theater System...

[ QUOTE ]
I would really love it if Altec Lansing made home theatre speakers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly enough Altec Lansing were one of the pioneers in cinema sound when talkies were new. John B. Lansing left after a while to set up another company, JBL.

Anyone any ideas at how good the Creative THX setup is?

Thanks
Adam