Anough extra parts to make another surefire

cia

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if this is good or bad, but I started out buying a Surefire E20 at a sporting good store this summer.

Next thing I know I'm searching online and buying a "clickie" switch, E2c adapter on ebay, different bezel and a cell extender from a member on CPF.

Almost forgot about the P91 I ordered last night from a forum member.:)

Now I see I do not have the newest style E2o body, but not to worry because I can buy one on CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have been trying to sell my extra E2o tail cap that I had replaced with the clickie, no luck.

But I think if I get the newest style E20 body I will then have anough extra parts around to put together a whole other surefire flashlight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Then I could sell the extra flashlight so I can recover some of the $ I have spent putting together the flashlight I wanted.

Will the searching and buying of parts and adapters end after that?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh well, this is just the beginning - these are the typical symptoms for a pretty fresh infection with the flashaholicus virus - a disease which most of the time only gets worse over time.

Soon you will be unsure how you ever could have looked at a sub 100 USD flashlight in awe as you did with that new E2O for a short time - typically the "fixes" get more and more expensive and last only for a short time.

The only known cure is the immediate deletion of all CPF-related links in your favorites - no more CPF visits - no nothing - also some of the child protection programs modified to prevent any flashlight related sites to display/load in your browser have been reported to help.

Good luck from here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif at least you are in good company /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

Klaus

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
No it won't. After selling your E2O, you will realize that you DO actually want to keep 'fixed' configuration lights around, ie. preloaded in a given configuration of batteries and lamps, so that you can grab them in a hurry because sometimes you don't have the time to play with the SF construction set, as it's been called. Then you'll realize you want another light to play with the modular options.

You'll buy another Exec series light again, using up the funds you've acquired, then you'll put things like LED bezels on it (you haven't been bitten by the LED bug yet, I didn't see it mentioned in your post)...

There are three main "series" of SF lights that CPFers like to play with. By series I mean those with interchangeable components.

E-Series lights:
* E1e, E2e, various third party tailswitches, head conversions, as well as Surefire's KL1, KL4, and various lamp assemblies ranging from 15-25-60 lumens.

C-series lights
* 2 to 3 cell lights, all share common bezels and tailcaps, all interchangeable, range from 65 to 200 lumens, and have their own set of LED bezels (KL5, 6). Basic lighting platforms include the 6P, Z2, Z3, C2, C3, M2, list goes on.

Millenium series lights
* By far the most expensive, involve Turboheads and such, parts directly interchangeable with WeaponLight systems. The M1 and M2 are excluded - the M2 is more a C-series light.

Then there are the 'crossover' conversions like the E2C adapter which effectively bridges the E and C series lights,giving you far more combinations than you ever thought possible...

I'm working on my C-series collection right now (A19, P90, P91, C2 as basic light, P60, P61, I dare not even think of the KL series bezels).. when that's done I'll start expanding the E-series, currently a KL1 or MN01 with E1e housing.

I think I've just corrupted another CPFer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

BrightFlashlites

Newly Enlightened
Good thing you're not playing with the weaponslight systems! The multiple build scenarios with those will force you to get a 2nd job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol that's so true.

on the seperate note, if you want to have bright, not high tech lights, look around home mod forum for cheap, easy to do and amazingly powerful lights that can be made for under 70 bucks. i almost got bit by the LED bug but backed out of it with only an Inova XO coming from a fellow CPFer. join the Hotwire Gang, we make bright lights, cheap...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Just pray that you don't get addicted to anything made by McGizmo..

I bought a PR-T 917 DB for my L4 body, and now I'm itching for a Aleph1 and a McE2S two stage switch. I have this gut feeling that the buying will NEVER end. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

albert

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
I think I've just corrupted another CPFer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Look here...

1 x E2D clickie tailcap/Aleph 1x123/McLux PR-BK-BB500-TW0K
1 x Z57 clickie-HA/E1-HA/McLux PR-T-HA-BB500-TW0K
1 x Z52 LOTC-SG/E1E-SG/KL1-SG-700mA-TW0H/S017XA reflector
1 x McE2S-BK-15ohms/E2D 2x123/McLux PR-T-BK-DB917-TX0J
1 x McE2S-HA-15ohms/L4 2x123/McLux PR-T-HA-DB917-TX0J
1 x Longbow Micra 1x123/McCapaule-BB500-TW0H/S017XA reflector
1 x Longbow Mini 2x123/McCapsule-DB700-TV0J/S017XA reflector
1 x Longbow Eco 3x123/McCapsule-DB917-TX0J/McLux PR head
1 x Surefire C2-BK+A19-BK 3x123/KL3-BK-1000mA-TX0J/PR reflector

I start out with a SF C2 with a unmodded KL3 just over a year ago, look at me now. That infection still spreading fast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
*corrects self*

There are FOUR main "series" of SF lights that CPFers like to play with. By series I mean those with interchangeable components.

Third party E-series conversions:
Look in "Homemade and Modified Lights" section of CPF for cutting edge creations to make the lights do everything they were never supposed to be able to. You can buy the parts at the Sandwich Shoppe or on B/S/T. Warning: there is no turning back once you click that link.

Albert: Nice E1e+KL1 both in matching SG.. that is sweet. Got pics?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
ROTFLMAO! This is a classic thread on "Flashaholism"!

"Flashaholism" can't really be defined, it's a lifestyle! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif