Another newbie question (Inova X1 with lithiums)

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
I tried searching for the answer, but I couldn't find it.

Is it safe to use the new E2 lithiums in my Inova X1? So far, I have had no problems... but I note the instructions state to use "one AA alkaline battery."

TIA

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I tried one earlier today (waiting for it to get dark!) in my X1 (which doesn't have the focusing optic anymore and acts more like an ARC AAA or Infinity).

I didn't see any brightness difference to MY eye. I understand why we would do so however.

I don't believe it would cause any problem.

Aloft

Enlightened
Re: Another newbie question (Inova X1 with lithium

There was discussion of this in a previous thread. I'll recap what I learned. . . after emailing Inova, they stated that they "did not recommend the use of Lithium Batteries" in the X1. Nonetheless, several CPF'ers have been running lithiums in this torch for quite some time with no problems. It seems to me that lights which are "regulated" don't seem to have a problem with the additional voltage typical of a lithium cell. For those of you that are running lithiums, I'll repeat a request I made awhile ago. . . please post if you have any problems that may be attributed to the use of lithiums in this (or any other light). Thanks. . .

SJACKAL

Enlightened

Although regulated, it depends on step up or step down I guess?

Aloft

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
SJACKAL said:
Although regulated, it depends on step up or step down I guess?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure. . . either way, the typical 1.7 volts should be "changed" to the proper voltage. Maybe if it's a step up, it depends on the "starting" voltage, i.e., if the input voltage is too high, the output might also be high be that amount. A step down, on the other hand, should reduce it to proper voltage. I'm not really sure how these circuits work, so you may be right, SJACKAL. . .

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
I tried one earlier today (waiting for it to get dark!) in my X1 (which doesn't have the focusing optic anymore and acts more like an ARC AAA or Infinity).

I didn't see any brightness difference to MY eye. I understand why we would do so however.

I don't believe it would cause any problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

If i may ask, as a newbie, and recent X-1 owner, how did you mod your X1 in this way? VDG