Strange Happening

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Earlier this evening I, with my wife and son, went to the opening game for the NC State Wolfpack football team. As we were walking from our car to the stadium two people came running down the road shouting for a policeman. When they made it to one of the troopers directing traffic I heard one say that someone had been shot. The trooper and the two people then took off in the patrol car into the sea of tailgaters we had just walked past. My wife said she had heard some popping noises like a cap pistol, but thought it was nothing. Somehow I missed them, or immediately dismissed them. I figure we passed within 50-100 yards of the shooting. And, to make it even scarier, after getting home I hear on the news that two people were killed in that shooting. Heck of a way to kick off a football season.

Geoff

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Sad world we live in where people think they have to solve issues with gunfire! I'm not "anti-gun" at all..I'm "anti-jerk"!

Certainly glad you and your family made it past that safely!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dumb, drunk and get beat up? Just go home. In this case the solution was to get a gun. Ridiculous, stupid and sad.

Here's a report. I'm sure more facts will be known soon.

"RALEIGH, N.C. -- Two young men - one a Marine Corps officer - were shot to death Saturday at a tailgate party before a college football game, and authorities were searching for two suspects."

SeattlePI

That is scary, Geoff. Glad to hear you and yours are safe.