HDS Systems        

Thread: GLP-III Laser Pictures

Default GLP-III Laser Pictures

In case anyone is interested in pictures of the GLP-III 50mW laser, I created a simple webpage with some pictures. This is the laser that takes "C" batteries and has a finned heatsink in the front. The site is at:

http://laser.shiftlock.com

Unenlightened

Default Re: GLP-III Laser Pictures

Looks cool, could you Please post pictures of the beam output. how is the farfield "long dist" beam/spot quality.
    thanks

Informative photos. Looks like a spanner wrench could unscrew the aluminum part with the two dimples. Can you tell if the heat sink and that aluminum part are separate parts. I ask cause I wonder if the lenses can be swapped out for others to lower the beam divergence. Where did you buy it and what was your cost.
    Thanks

If you take some photo's in the far field like that person asked,could you do so at a very far field say, >1000'also.

Thanks

Just out of curiosity, how long can you run the laser for? I would expect a VERY short duty cycle for a laser like that, like 10 seconds or less.

Lasercrazy, why do you suspect a short duty cycle? It's very beefy aluminum "maglight-feel" case with a large heatsink in front. It has that sturdy "you-could-use-this-as-a-weapon-to-beat-someone-over-the-head"-feel to it. The button is a "click on/off" type so clicking it on and leaving it is very easy and it is made to do that by design. It can be run for a very long time without the heatsink fins even getting warm. Compared to a smaller pointer, I think the duty cycle is much higher, dare I say almost continuous.