GLP-III Laser Pictures

mitch

Newly Enlightened
Looks cool, could you Please post pictures of the beam output. how is the farfield "long dist" beam/spot quality.
thanks

comozo

Enlightened
Informative photos. Looks like a spanner wrench could unscrew the aluminum part with the two dimples. Can you tell if the heat sink and that aluminum part are separate parts. I ask cause I wonder if the lenses can be swapped out for others to lower the beam divergence. Where did you buy it and what was your cost.
Thanks

comozo

Enlightened
If you take some photo's in the far field like that person asked,could you do so at a very far field say, >1000'also.

Thanks

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just out of curiosity, how long can you run the laser for? I would expect a VERY short duty cycle for a laser like that, like 10 seconds or less.

Shiftlock

Enlightened
Lasercrazy, why do you suspect a short duty cycle? It's very beefy aluminum "maglight-feel" case with a large heatsink in front. It has that sturdy "you-could-use-this-as-a-weapon-to-beat-someone-over-the-head"-feel to it. The button is a "click on/off" type so clicking it on and leaving it is very easy and it is made to do that by design. It can be run for a very long time without the heatsink fins even getting warm. Compared to a smaller pointer, I think the duty cycle is much higher, dare I say almost continuous.