who carries a streamlight twin task 2las an edc?

snapper

Newly Enlightened
I started carrying the sl and a surefire e2e and find the twin task is the best i have found for edc, you got the leds for up close and long running, then the xenon bulb for the moderately bright stuff, and if i need more i got the e2e to really light things.. So anybody else carry one of theses? Or could think of a led light under 50$ that would do better than the twin task??

later! snapper

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I usually do. Mine has a drilled and tapped tail where a Kroll switch sits. I leave it in LED mode, and have Xenon via thumb if I have to have it.

I rotate other lights onto my belt however.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't really EDC anything larger than an ARC (on my person), but a 2L Twin-Task is at my bedside, and in both cars.

Longstreet

Newly Enlightened
I EDC a TT2L or a Surefire G2, depending on my mood that morning. Can't say that I like one over the other, but the TT is the more versatile light, and gets carried more than the G2. I do wish it threw a tighter beam (that's why I also have the G2) but all the TT's are neat lights. I'm going to buy my wife a C-cell TT to keep in the bedstand drawer next to her .380 (and before some weenie writes, yes it has a trigger lock).

Hey JoeSchmoe, tell me about that Kroll Switch. How's that work?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
My TT 2L does glovebox duty in my car. I really think this is an optimal light for this application. Long running illumination when need be, or bright incan for emergencies/overcoming ambient road light.

Larry1582

Enlightened
I everday carry a TT1L in an open Don Hume holster. It rarely gets used and I found the TT2L just a tad too long for comfortable daily carry in the Don Hume holster. In a nylon holster it would probably be fine.

1218055TT1LHolster.jpg

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Okay Longstreet. You're pretty new.

A Kroll is a >momentary - on - off< switch with threads that fit the ned of minim*gs, Streamlight JRs, TT3AA etc.

It has a "Tactical" momentary position, push harder to click it on, again click to be off.

The Twin Tasks major nit pick is having to cycle through the modes ie: through the LEDs to get to Xenon, or through the Xenon to get off.

The Kroll in the ends of my 1L 2L and 3AAA Twin Tasks allow me to leave them in the most usefull mode (LEDs) and I often don't even click through to the Xenon in a given use.

Krolls are an EXCELLENT addition to any light that can use them!

For a 1L or 2L TT to use one, it must be drilled and tapped to minim*g threads (I think it's 5/8ths by 17 but DO NOT quote me on that!). Do a search for member BradN. He is who did my Tailcaps here in Houston.

juancho

Enlightened
I don't EDC one but I have use mine walking in the woods to like it a lot for this type of hiking at night.
The LED's are perfect for long hikes in well maintened trails, and the xenon is ideal when walking in more open areas and you wish to see what is all around you.
I think it has the better floodlight beam of all lights I know. Tight beam flashlights are next to useless in narrows or wide trails.
Besides if the xenon bulb goes, you always have the 3 LED's as back up, making this a 2 in 1 flashlight.
Juan C.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I don't hike or camp, but Juancho has it nailed.

I have a 3AA in my truck door pocket, and a 3C in my room as "should I need 'em" lights.

There is a 1L with Kroll in my headboard, and with a somewhat dead 123 is a fine middle of the night light.

The 2L is my most carried belt light, but does get bumped now again by stuff like Milky's Milkbone, SF G2, occasionally a Stinger (almost TOO big for even MY belt!) etc.

It is AWESOMELY versital!!!

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with PJS- I put a quick key click clip on the end if mine and hanG it with my keys. Hey PJS where do you get them Kroll switches from? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights