One Dollar 2 LED 2 color light...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
They have a minimum quantity of 24, otherwise I'd order one for CPF sakes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I just asked about S/H charges, but the sight says Business to business only, no consumers. If there is a chance of a group buy, we may need someone 'special' to do the ordering.
Jeff

SilverFox

Flashaholic
I could call them Tuesday and find out shipping costs and more details.

A group purchase would involve the cost of the lights + shipping costs + individual shipping costs + PayPal fees (if any).

Is there a good way to keep all of these costs at a minimum? It looks like they could be shipped in a padded envelope.

Just noticed that there are 3 color options - red, green, and blue. The purchase would involve one lot of each color unless there is more interest in a certain color.

Tom

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure about the "business to business" part. I've dealt with other such places (like Matthews Cutlery) which only deal with "businesses" but they don't do any verification so all you need to do is make up a business name/email address and they will deal with you.

The minimum $24 light order may need only such a business identity which could be established by anyone.

I've asked these guys the same questions you did using a business name, so we'll see...

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

The cost of shipping 24 pieces would be $6.00, 48 pieces would be $7.00 and 96 pieces would be $8.50.

Thank You for your inquiry of our product

I would be interested in 2 of each if this starts up.
Jeff

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello WildRice,

I just ordered 48 and my shipping cost came to 14.50. I guess that is the difference between shipping to Michigan and Washington. That bumps my cost to $1.30 per light.

I did find out that they come 24 to a box with 8 each red/white, green/white, and blue/white.

I plan on keeping a few of these for myself and will offer the rest at my cost ($1.30/light) + actual shipping cost. I will also post this in the Group Buy section.

Shipping was quoted as 7-10 days. PM me if you want some. I will reply when I have the lights in hand and we can go from there.

Tom

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
sure I will take 1 of each. I was going to say 2 of each, but I think I will wait and see if anyone else wants some first.
Jeff

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I hope you can sell all the extra ones.. I am still waiting for responces from some relatives about if they want some. I will post back soon.

Jeff

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Nerdgineer,

I will be offering the extra's as soon as I get them.

PM me if you want to be on the list.

Tom

SilverFox

Flashaholic
The lights have arrived.

Cute.

They seem to work, although I found one that was a bit hard to turn on.

I will contact the people that sent me a PM to get shipping information.

If anyone else in interested, send me a PM.

Tom

SilverFox

Flashaholic
I sold out all the lights except a few for me. The group buy is closed.

I ran into a problem. I was told that each lot of 24 was made up of 8 green/white, 8 red/white and 8 blue/white lights. I ordered two lots and was shorted on the green/white and red/white lights. They made up for the shortage by sending extra blue/white lights. If anyone else orders these lights, be advised that you may not get the mix of lights that you wanted.

I am shipping all orders out today. Comments and reviews will follow after that.

I did open one up and found that it has two batteries in it. A 1131 and a 2016. The batteries are different sized, but are secured in place by the case. The switch simply pushes the LED lead wire against the battery to make contact.

If you push the middle of the switch, you can turn both LED's on. The problem is that they are pointing in different directions.

Brightness seems similar to the 20/$20 lights.

I will be using mine for Christmas stocking stuffers.

Tom

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I received mine approximately two hours ago, and I'm in the process of constructing a web page for them.
When the evaluation is finished (to publishability anyway), I'll post the URL in my thread in the Reviews forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm not that impressed by the brightness, but considering they're using those tiny CR1616 cells, it is acceptable.

5,070mcd white
1,550mcd red
5,630mcd green
1,860mcd blue