1-D maglite body possible?

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, so what if someone would like to make a shorter body for the mag, i.e., 1-D size, then make a space needle out of it via help from the electrolumen 3-aa to D holder? or just the basic, 3-AA powered light with the basic 3-D xenon bulb or a upgraded WA bulb? anyone know how to cut the body and re-thread it or have the means to do it? I'm willing to pay good money for this, anyone else think the same? imagine, a tiny, i-d cell size with 3-d power or much, much more......I'm already drooling

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, its possible IMO. Would require a lot of busy work though, IMO. I think there are a couple posters here that have the ability to do this for you.

However, one can also pay $60 for the Elektrolumens Blaster Jr. and essantially have a 1D Maglite sized light that has a brighter beam and better beam than a Maglite ever would--its uses a lux three rated at 72 lumens.

Either way you decide, good luck and I hope it works out for you.

unnerv

Enlightened
I have done mods like that for a lux5 and lux3. I don't have the time to do one now, but if you would like to know what is involved you can take a look at my Lux5 mod, the FatMag and my Lux3 mod, the TacMag. An incandecent would probably be easier since you would only have to cut and rethread the rear to the right lenght for 3 AA's. For 123s and 4AA's you have to bore out the light and make custom battery holders which adds a lot more difficultly to the project.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Dang! Look what I missed!

Latest posts