inova xo vs t1/2/3/4 vs xo3

hah2110

Newly Enlightened
WHAT ARE THESE LIGHTS!?!?!? http://www.meridiantactical.com/inovaledlights.html

At that link i see all these new inovas but on inovas site it only goes up to the XO. What are all these new lights? What are the differences? I was just about to buy an XO, but now I dont know. Does anyone know of any stores that has these now so I could go check out sizes and stuff. I am a happy owner of an x5 now and wanted to upgrade. What are all these new ones? Which ones are the brightest in order? How much brighter? Any beam pix? Please dont get mad if this has been posted, i searched a little, not too many results. Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Hi and welcome hah2110!

These lights are the news for 2004 from Inova. They are not officialy released yet. They can be preordered from some places,like meridiantactical,but they are NOT at Inovas website.

I don´t know how this had happened in the first place. For about three mounts ago there started to circle info and pictures about coming Inova lights,but NO one of them was official from Inova themselfs. Usually it´s the company who gives all the datas about coming models,but it must have "leaked" out info a long time before it was supposed to.

I belive that all Inovas news,The T1,T2,T3,T4 and the XO3 will be fully available everywhere in December,as it looks like now.

I am also a newly owner of a XO. I first had the X5 and wanted to upgrade,and i chosed the XO. The main difference between the new lights and the XO,is that all of the new lights just have a two hours runtime,while the XO has 4-5 hours.

The T1 is a 1 watter,the T2 is a 2 watter,the T3 is a 3 watter and the T4 is a 4 watter,and the XO3 is a 3 watter,so they are all stronger than the XO,but then it´s your choise of choosing brightness before burntime,or otherwise.

I did not have the patience to wait for all the news from Inova,so i bought the XO. The XO is a 1 watt and has a reach of about 200 feet.I think you will be more than happy with it.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Actually Northern, I think you got it right except T4 is a rechargable light (I think 3W).

If you like X5, including form factor and switching, X0 is a fine upgrade.

I don't particularly like either... kinda wish I'd held out for a T.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
The X03 is now available at Sharper Image stores. I played around with one for a few minutes the other day, and it appears to be very nice. Their price is the retail price ($79.95), but knowing Inova quality it's probably worth every penny.

Aloft

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
WallaceD said:
The X03 is now available at Sharper Image stores. I played around with one for a few minutes the other day, and it appears to be very nice. Their price is the retail price ($79.95), but knowing Inova quality it's probably worth every penny.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the Sharper Image store here at the Bellevue Square Mall, I was quite impressed to find the XO3 for less than $70! That's not too much more than most of our mail order choices, and I was surprised to find it priced that low. It appears to be the regular price, as well, not a sale price.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Aloft said:
At the Sharper Image store here at the Bellevue Square Mall, I was quite impressed to find the XO3 for less than $70! That's not too much more than most of our mail order choices, and I was surprised to find it priced that low. It appears to be the regular price, as well, not a sale price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... perhaps I remembered wrong. Maybe the price I saw was $69.95, not $79.95.

nonbox

Banned
X1 seems useless because of lack of sidespill. A very narrow beam of light without much sidespill is useless to me.

T1 is a bit long for a 1 cr123 light but you still get a 1W so if it is bright and has some sidespill, it will make a decent edc at an affordable price.

T3 , X03 are long but they put out over 80 lumens. It's a powerfull light and it has an affordable price.

X0 and T2 are good lights but I would rather get a T1 as my edc since it is easier to carry everywhere. I would also get a T3 to keep in the car or at home.

X0, T2, T3, X03 are all 2 cr123 lights, therefore I would choose T3, X03 since they are the brightest 2 cr123 lights.

I would not buy a T4 because if they stop production on it, you will have a hard time getting a rechargable proprietary battery. The T4 is too big for my needs.

I have a X5T which is a weak flood but has super long run time.

AbnerCadaver

Banned
WallaceD, I can confrm the 69.99 at Shaper Image. I jussed picked one up. Alls I can say is, wow, I'm impressed. Reely white beem and amazing throw of the beem. It's a keeper too me.

Abbie

hah2110

Newly Enlightened
i dont think my sharper image has it, what is the size and battery and throw difference between inova xo and xo3, why doesnt sharper image have xo if they have xo3? thanks for all your help guys- if anyone could IM me on aim (hahnyc87) that would be great- just for some more help

mapson

Enlightened
Saw the xo3 at SI but they had it enclosed in a glass display and I didn't bother asking them to open to inspect. Price was just under $70, I think I will be leaning towards the t3 despite the knurlings.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
So the X03 has a momentary switch, while the T3 has a clickie...

The X03 has the "traditional" Inova body, while the T3 has knurlings...

Both are 3 watters...

Both have the "enlargened" bezel?

Though I like the "traditional Inova body, I like the idea of a clickie...

Are these the only differences between the X03 & T3?

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
nonbox said:
X1 seems useless because of lack of sidespill.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true for most folks. Its got excellent throw, and zero spill. The no-spill works for me tho, as I use it to check on my offspring at night before going to bed. The lack of spill lets me direct the light exactly where I want it, without lighting up the whole room.

best regards

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
Oh my gosh, you read my mind!

That's precisely what I do. The X1 is perfect for checking on the daughter and the cat (and fish!) before I go to bed.

[ QUOTE ]
powernoodle said:

This is true for most folks. Its got excellent throw, and zero spill. The no-spill works for me tho, as I use it to check on my offspring at night before going to bed. The lack of spill lets me direct the light exactly where I want it, without lighting up the whole room.

[/ QUOTE ]

powernoodle and WallaceD, I agree with you on the X1. I sometimes want a pure beam with no sidespill for checking on the family after they've all gone to bed while I've been up late on CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

hah2110

Newly Enlightened
so anyone know why the xo3 isnt on sharperimage.com or inovalight.com

Latest posts