Talk me out of buying 100 Nuwai Quantum III's

Streak

Enlightened
Talk me out of buying 100 Nuwai Quantum III\'s

I live the other side of the world. Instead of going to the expense of shipping out one sample by courier, I would rather put the money towards an official order. The first decent price break is at 100 pieces.

I own various ARC LS and LS4's and have a Longbow Micra as well. Based on this will I be disappointed with the Nuwai Q III? I have read the revues and comments here, and I am sure I will be happy but just want that bit extra reassurance before committing to a big chunk of money.

We dont have the population of flashaholics here as you have there so it will take a bit of time to move 100 pieces but I dont really mind as long as the quality is good. I guess so far it's a one man group buy of 100 pieces!!!

Looking forward to your comments.

Streak

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Talk me out of buying 100 Nuwai Quantum III\'s

I don't know about the Quantum III but right now, fancy LED lights are sort of like computers: they are high tech semiconductor gear that becomes obsolete quite fast. A year ago an Arc LSL with an M or N bin Luxeon was around $100. How much would you pay for that today?

I would not buy 100 Luxeon lights unless I thought I could move them in a few months or less.

L

LITEmania

Streak : PM me if you are still interested in buying Q-III.
Also I can trade my Q-III with your LongBow Micra stock if the price is matched between us.

Warren

Hirudin

Newly Enlightened

I don't wanna talk you out of anything, but I would like to know the per-light price when buying 100. I may wanna get one (that is if I had any money).

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's my advice - find a bunch of people willing to take them off your hands if you order 100 pieces, if you're committing yourself to doing it that way, rather than buying from someone like ViKi or Mark2. Otherwise, you might as well just bite the bullet and talk with either one of the above, who will ship it to you express.

As for me, I'm more than happy with my Quantum III, as ViKi and anyone who reads the LED forums can attest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast

Try posting an offer on group buy or BST forum. See if there is interest be fore you take chance,

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights

Streak

Enlightened

Thanks for your comments. The pricing for 100 is very good and I am sure I will be able to move them. The main reason for the post is to make sure that the fit, finish, light output and general quality is on a par with the other single 123 LS based products.

Viki I dont have stock of the Longbow, only one of my own.

Streak

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Streak said:
Thanks for your comments. The pricing for 100 is very good and I am sure I will be able to move them. The main reason for the post is to make sure that the fit, finish, light output and general quality is on a par with the other single 123 LS based products.

Viki I dont have stock of the Longbow, only one of my own.

Streak

[/ QUOTE ]

Both Cones and Craig have looked at them, and they're excellent, and I can attest to the usefulness of the light in day-to-day situations myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif However, I'd probably suggest trying to get some interest in the Group Buys forum, unless you've got a bunch of local buyers already lined up (which wouldn't be a bad thing, mind you... spread the flashaholic thing around some).

Moe

Newly Enlightened

LOL.

I am sorry, i can't.

I love the Q III so much, that i ordered 2 more last weekend.
All the QIII-reviews i read also sounded very positive.

If you never fumbled one, i would recommend, buying only one to see, if overall quality is, what you expected. I don't think, that anyone could seriously be dissappointed by this great light, but some folks seem to be very fussy, as i found out reading this forums for some months... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cones

Enlightened

Streak,

I bought three of these /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

One for my good friend. One to keep and one to take to bits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

The quality is very good. See my review for pics.
It was my first 3Watt light, I have since got a VIP. Even so the Nuwai light compares very well. At about 1/4 the price!

I think they are a good buy. Would I buy 100 of them?
Probably only if I new I would sell them all. Also consider that a variable power version is probably in the works in the not to distant future.

Thanks

Mark

2dim

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
I live the other side of the world. Instead of going to the expense of shipping out one sample by courier, I would rather put the money towards an official order. The first decent price break is at 100 pieces.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should think you could arrange for the cost of a sample to be included in any future order. In other words, you would receive 99 instead of a hundred and the total price you paid equal to the original cost of 100. No one can be expected to order such a large number, wholesale or not, without examining the product first. Usually the seller is agreeable, since they stand to gain on future sales by establishing a good relationship with you. In fact, they may just send you the full 100 for the same price, giving that initial sample for free. I'd try negotiating.

albert

Enlightened

I have seen the QIII, built quality for the light is good except for the LED tint. If you order 100 pieces, it will be more colorful than a lightup christmas tree.

Moe

Newly Enlightened

I have bought 4 Q III in total. All of them are pure white.

Maybe i was lucky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

albert

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Moe said:
I have bought 4 Q III in total. All of them are pure white.

Maybe i was lucky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me the name of your god, let me pray to him/her too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif

anch

Newly Enlightened

My Nuwai QIII replaced ny Longbow Micra as my EDC right after I got it. At this point it is my overall favorite light. An extremely bright, light beam. Overall beautiful workmanship. I got mine from Mark on CPF.

PAtwood

Newly Enlightened

Yup, currently my favorite light too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif