LX1.0 Owners

Longbow

Enlightened
Is the performance of this lite satisfactory in regards to brightness, runtime, and beam shape/color? Thanks in advace for your feed back.

Stan aka: Longbow

coachbigdog

Enlightened
Both reviews I read said it wasn't good and was even green.However,both also said the 3watt was great.Go with the 3w.

Longbow

Enlightened
Re: LX1.0 Owners (nerdgineer)

Recieved my LX1.0. The beam is bright and well formed,nice overspill. Tint on mine is violet but not objectionable to me. Operating cost per hour will be 1/5 of a CR123 1 watter. The lite fits easily in a side pocket and because of it's length will remasn tail down thus protecting the lens from being scratched by keys or change. I guess its' my new EDC.

Longbow

Enlightened

I expect 8 hrs. of run time to 50% brightness. That means not having to carry spare batteries on a day outing.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine. Very nice workmanship and feel (but not a lightweight). Beam is bright and a little floodlike - narrow hotspot but wide, bright corona. Center measures about 400+ candelas on fresh alkalines.

Color is a little toward yellow/green as you get away from the hotspot, but I think it's not bad - especially for the price.

The tail cap is fairly stiff which I like in a twisty as it should stay put where I leave it.

I tried it with some semi-drained nimh's (running 3.05 V for 3 of them). Result was drop in brightness to about 200 cd, and color became a little more green - but still OK I think.

I'm charging up the nimh's now.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Played outside with the light on fresh alkalines. It looks nice and white in the field as whatever tint it has is unnoticeable outdoors. Light makes a very nice flood and beats any other $22. light around, especially as we had a little local group buy so I paid $25 for it including shipping.

And again, beautifully made.

Longbow

Enlightened
Nerdgineer glad you like the LX1.0. I liked your review, thanks for sharing.

Eventually I'll buy another LX1.0. The quality, performance, and form factor are OUTSTANDING!

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did an informal run time test using 2000 mAH nimhs (rested 12 hours after charging). Initial brightness was about 260 cd at the center (about 60% of brightness with fresh alkalines).

Brightness dropped to 210 cd by 2 hrs and held steady a little above 200 until about 6 hours 30 minutes. 190 at 7 hrs 20 min, 185 at 8 hrs, 150 at 9 hrs.

Had to leave at 9 hrs, so I terminated but looking at the discharge curve, I think it will hit 50% point about 9 hrs 40 min or so. On nimhs.

Not bad...

Azreal911

Enlightened

It's a very nice looking light and very rugged looking. Only reason i haven't bought one cause i own a Mr.Bulk LGI for a long time and it's still kicking strong on the same setup as the LX1.0. running the LX 1.0 on NIMH's would give you a pretty darn good flat discharge instead of the funky curve you get with alkalines. with 2200mahs it would last for the entire weekend camping trip. 3xAA's direct drive is brighter than my Surefire KL3.

Latest posts