• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Who is selling a TYOJ Luxeon III emitter?

luxlover

Banned
I disassembled an L1 bezel which had a non-functioning Luxeon III emitter. I need to buy a replacement emitter, with my preference being the TYOJ bin code. Is there anybody out there in Luxeonland, selling such an animal?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luxlover, I've got some SY0J and some TV0J if you're interested. I know they're not exactly what you asked for, but I've been modding with these and they work nicely. Also have some Q2H emitters that ought to generate a really nice, white beam in an L1. A couple other goodies as well. PM me if interested, and hope it helps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

luxlover

Banned
Thank you gtwace. Since I recently bought a PR-T-DB917 bezel from him, and it has a TYOJ Luxeon III in it, I thought of asking him first. However, he told me that they are all dedicated to his new Aleph lights. I wish him good luck, in the common acceptance of his Aleph Series lights!

luxlover

Banned
Thank you for the reply to my post. I would very much like to stick with the TYOJ as my choice for the Luxeon III emitter I would like to install in my skeleton L1 bezel. I cannot see any bin code being better than this, based on the output of the new PR-T-DB917 bezel I bought from Don using this emitter. It is flawless as far as my eyes can see!

In addition to the TYOJ, if someone knows of a TWOJ emitter, even though it is very rare, please let me know. I would buy that too.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Balrog has some TWOJ.
Not sure if he wants to part with any of them.
An offer couldn't hurt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

There are apparently a few TWOH emitters floating around here and there too.

balrog

Enlightened
I guess you are referring to these TW0Js. I'll sell you the two on the right if you wish.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sold.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

If you read the full post you can see that two replacements are on the way, but they have a special home to go to so they are not for sale.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
balrog, are those 2 still lights up? if they are and you don't want them, i will take them (for a price, of course)

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
He was joking.
Those "lowdomes" are about as useful as roadkill at this point. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol 3rd_shift, actually, if the phospor is still intact on the lux die, it still perform at least as good as any common Lux3. So, if they are still intact, i will take them, else, roadkill they are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

balrog

Enlightened
I tried removing the crushed dome from one of them and that seemed to kill it. The other one works and still emits plenty of light. However, I am going to keep this one as a test unit. That frees up another one for me.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a good laugh out of this too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It's not everyday I see offers for leds that look like 18 wheelered Armadillos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are going to drive them above 700ma, the tint should be negligible unless you're the type who likes to compare lights side by side on a white wall.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Billson said:
If you are going to drive them above 700ma, the tint should be negligible unless you're the type who likes to compare lights side by side on a white wall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that what all flashaholics do in their spare time? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

luxlover

Banned
Billson,

My current plan is to build the bezel with a reflector and no regulation, because I plan to use it on the L1 body. This allows me to use it on my E1e body in direct drive. If I build it with a regulator such as Kiessling's recommended BB500, then it will only be useful in the E1e, and not the L1 which has a regulator board in the body.

This is how I plan on determining an emitter's tint. Shine the light on a white wall and look for tint. If I don't see any, then there isn't any. The only bezel I have with a tint is the stock L1 bezel. It is slightly purple, which SF says is indicative of all of their Luxeon I emitters.

Jeff

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
luxlover said:
I see that TYOJs are hard to come by. I have had a few members offering me TX1J and TVOJ emitters. Any comments on their tints?

[/ QUOTE ]

The X1 and XO color bins are good. I wouldn't take a "V" though. Some I've seen were on the greenish side.