a whole new world

rackness

Newly Enlightened
i started a new job recently and i am lucky enough to be able to walk to work(ultimate gas saver!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif). however i often have to walk home in the dark. i have been useing my old faithfull (i know its a bad word here lol) 2aa maglite that i have had for years and it just was not cutting it for me anymore, i knew there were better brighter lights out there so i began to search. after lurcking here and some other review sites for a little while i bit the bullet and purchased a surefire E2e-ha. all i can say is HOLY CRAP!!! this light is awsome! it puts my wimpy mag to shame! i also have a 6 cell d mag that is practically useless for anything more than a nightstick(i recieved it as a gift some years ago) and the surefire is brighter and whiter than that monster!! i am thoroughly impresses with this light. bright enough to see where i am going and i have the security that if anyone were to bother me walking home the intensity of the light can be used defensivly. all that and it fits in my pocket! i know you all know about the wonders of this light so i will stop now but i just can't say enough about this light it is great!thx for listening. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
It has only just begun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif Welcome and be sure to buy the battries in bulk packs to save money. Surefire site for a 1.25 each for twelve or BatteryStation CPF deal 1.00 apiece for Battery Stations house brand both have worked well for me.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
rackness,

Welcome to CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

What light do you want next? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Rackness,

I just got a Surefire E2e recently too. My Surefire C2 was just a little too big for my pants pocket. If you are concerned about your security (which is smart), I would recommend actual weapons. The idea that a bright light can deter or disorient an aggressor is promoted by Surefire. Violent, armed threats (the kind we are most concerned with) will blow right through the brightest beam of light to shoot, stab or beat their victim. I would suggest a concealed weapons permit, an advanced Taser, OC pepper spray and/or knife. Which ones is up to you based on laws where you live and what you are comfortable carrying.

rackness

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the welcome guys!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif thanks for the tip on the batteries. are there rechargable batteries available for the e2e? i saw the pila stuff but it says for use with led lights will they work well in an incandesant unit? i would prefer to use rechargable as long as they will provide similar performance. light raven thx for the suggestion but i do not wish to carry a fire arm, too many liabilities. peperspray is a better idea i think, and i do have a microtec socom if i am in serious danger. hopefully it will never come to that.

Topper

Flashaholic*
The KL4 is an LED Surefire head that fits the E2E and runs real well with one 168s Pila. That is a bit costly however odds are you will end up buying an LED any way. Nobody I know has stopped at one flashlight. The C3 nine volt runs 3 123's or 2 150s Pilas. Lots of options out there.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
rackness,

Pilas don't work in the E2e, but if you get a E2C and a Z44HA you could run Pila 168S rechargeable battery with a Pila 6 volt lamp

The E2C is an adaptor that steps up the size of the E2e to the larger diameter of the Classic sreies Surefires like 6P,C2 etc.

The Z44HA is a Hard Anodized bezel that comes on the C2 HA.

The Pila 6 volt lamp is actually 3.7 volts, which is why the Pila lamp will work with Pila batteries and the Surefire Lamps don't.

rackness

Newly Enlightened
this stuff souds pretty sweet where do i obtain such goodies? i know i can get the kl4 from surefire but i did not see the adaptor ring. o and in output how does the kl4 head compare to the e2e head? it looks very similar in the reviews i have read, a little "whiter" it seemed but comparable in intensity. is this in fact true? and by your description the pila lamp fits in surefire heads? are pila lamps of the same caliber? any info would be appreciated. i have definatly been bitten by the bug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
rackness,

The links I gave in my post will take you to the sites where you can order the parts. Just click on the blue colored letters.

The only Surefire part is the Z44HA. The E2C is made and sold by DSpeck. JSBurly sells the Pilas.

The L4 has more of a flood beam and is regulated for constant brightness. The E2e has more throw than the L4. The L4 has a few more lumens than the E2e, but it's spread out more.

Here are some links to help with more information.
Quickbeam's Flashlight Reviews
Sean's Flashlight & LED Site
Craig's LED Museum

rackness

Newly Enlightened
thank you for all the info hoghead i appreciate it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif looks like i've got lots of reading to do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
Rackness, I run a Pila lamp 3.77 in a SF G2Z with Pila 168s
every day. Yes that is a flashlight in my pocket, still glad to see you. I own 2 of Mr. DSpeck's E2C's they work just fine I have no problem with them at all.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hoghead hits the nail right on the head!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I see everyone else has beat me to praising the virtues of the E2e already... A cheaper alternative (if cost is an issue) is a KL1 instead of the KL4. While not as bright as the KL4, but it provides more than sufficient flood, with a slight bit of throw for your purposes. You can also use rechargables on this setup, else 2x123s on the KL1 would last you about 4 hrs or so before the output drops to 50%...

Good start to your addiction (and no, don't deny it...:p ) and don't worry, we'll help you find more ways to spend your $$ here on CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rackness:
if you like your E2e, you will love the A2, absolutely wonderful light.
Lightraven is right, the usage of the light as a defensive weapon is slightly overated, and should never be your only line of defense.
I am planning to purchase a Berreta 3032, very nice little pistol, pocket sized, 7 .32 ACP rounds in a very tiny package that, at around 350, in conjunction with your E2e will be a formidable force to stop a violent drunk/addict/ill-intentioned individual. I live in a college town with lots of drunk frat boys and they make me worry that one day ten of them will jump me just because they are in a mob, and i doubt a 60 lumen light do anything than make a nice present for them....

Nick

juancho

Enlightened
As much as I liked the E2e it will be a drag to recharge the batteries every night or every other night and put them back in the flashlight, it will be a day when you will forget to do the drill and you are left with a dying flashlight.
A much better solutions is a Streamlight Strion, pop this in the charger every night and take that out in the morning, always a filled up to the top flashlight and no guilt lumens.

Juan C.