Unbelievable... Arc does it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSmono

Enlightened
I recently bought an Arc4+ from B/S/T, and it's going to be a gift for someone. So, I thought it would be a better gift if it had the cool "retail packaging tin" that all the new Arcs come with... So I called up Arc, and asked them if they were even available for purchase. Well, not only were they for sale, but they only wanted 5 BUCKS for it!!! It came in the mail today, and I opened it up to find that they also included 2 BRAND NEW Duracell 123s too!!! (completely unexpected!) I feel bad, because there is almost no possible way they could've made ANY money off of me, but I can assure you Mr. Gransee... you have an Arc Customer for life here! Thanks for the OUTSTANDING service and dedication to your customers!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

-Allen

s2k

Newly Enlightened
is that gift package is a metal box with 2 more cells?
i saw a picture before....

KingSmono

Enlightened
Yeah, here's a picture. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Arc1.JPG

RH

Enlightened
Wow! That's pretty impressive packaging! No one can laugh about the plastic bag anymore. Great work, Peter.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yah,, this looks remarkably similar to the one you're selling on eBay KingSmono. Did ya get 2?

KingSmono

Enlightened
Well it's a long complicated story... I have 2 Arc4s. One that I have had for quite some time, and one that I recently bought on B/S/T. The newest one was supposed to be a gift for someone. But as it turns out, it has some flaws and needs to be returned to Arc for repairs. So...... there goes the idea for a gift. Now I have to think of a new gift but I don't have any $$. So, here's my plan to get some cash. I'm selling my GOOD Arc4 on E-bay with the retail packaging too. Hopefully it sells, I mean it is a factory first and is in beautiful condition. All I want is $148 bucks for it too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif In the meantime, I'm going to wait and send my New Arc4 back whenever the tailcap and newest software is out. This way I'll have an Arc4 still, and have money for a $$ present too. Make sense? Fortunately, this is my last semester of school, and I won't be a broke college student for much longer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Nice box, wonder if we will get that box when we send the Arc4+ for Rev 3 upgrade... Don't mind paying some for that box... A premium light deserve a box... Even the cheapo *** lights have a box. I want that box...

Edit: Let's not go there. Inflamatory term edited out. Darell.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I can tell the box is not very EDC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif unless you want your ARC4 to rot in the shelf. The box is overkill but on the other hand, prestigious presentation when sold as a gift.

The whole package will look better without the duracell. Of course the consumer will be left with 1 less cell being the other one factory preinstalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.