hello to all

mario1964

Newly Enlightened
hello to all, i'm new here, i have discover this forum fews hours ago, i'm looking for a flashlight that can help me in my work (to polish steel...), now i'm using cheap torch that output a orrible light and the bulb blow in a week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

in the next posts i do some specific question, now i only want to say thank to this beautiful forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Welcome to you Mario!

You couldn't ask for a better bunch of maniacs to ask about lighting products!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
You calling us maniacs?
... geez that's gonna give maniacs a bad name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Welcome to cpf Mario.
Maybe a little more detail could help? (intented use, budget, desired runtime...etc )

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Mario, hope you will stay on with us and let us help you spend your $$ on flashlights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Didn't mean to scare you away there... :p Anyway, if you give more specifics on your budget, battery type preference, runtime, etc we will definitely be able to help you more. I'm guessing that you will need a smooth, even flood light, so 1 suggestion I have in mind is the Inova X5t. However, seeing that you probably need both hands free to work on polishing metal, maybe you might consider a headlamp, like a Petzl Tikka or Zipka, which are also Led lights and use common AAA batteries as compared to the X5t which uses 2xCR123 cells. Anyway, stay posted, more suggestions will flow! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

P/S, Maniacs? Where? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings Mario. I hope you stick around and let us know of your experiences.

Stanley has some good suggestions. An LED headlight or flashlight will provide an even flood of light that should highlight surface defects in the metal surface. LEDs have a long life, unlike incandescent lamps.

If you will have the light on for a long time and decide on a headlight, you may want to consider a belt carried battery pack using C cells rather than small AAA cells.

Have fun, Mario.

B@rt

Flashaholic
welcome.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mario1964

Newly Enlightened
thanks to all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

headlamp isn't a good idea because the light must be in front of me and not rear my eyes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

i must see the reflects of the steel at various angle but i can't move the piece of steel because is about 400kg in weight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif is much too easy to move the flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

now i start to read somethings on the various forum... more things i know more is easy that i find the ideal flashlight for me

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please describe the light you are currently using. Is it a MiniMag or similar 2xAA light? That will provide us with a good starting point.

Latest posts