3-LED Retrofit Except In AQUA GREEN

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I just got off the phone with LEDtronics and they would not sell me this -- they said I need to have a minimum order of $25 per line item (these are $18 each). So I said okay, I'll take two -- but then the guy (very kindly) explained they really are not into minimum orders. What's up with that?

I have a 4D MagLite I would like to LED-ize, and wanted the Aqua Green since it is rated at 30,000 mcd output (as opposed to 18,000 mcd in white). I figured since the reviews I've read commented on the dimness of the retrofit, this might be a way to get almost double the light (except in green, although that might turn out to be kinda cool anyway).

So how would I get my hands on this product? Group buy? Or is there another vendor someone could kindly direct me to? All the ebay'ers are selling only the white ones.

So I'll just sit here and drum my fingers on the computer desk until somebody happens to post a reply -- hmm, there just might be something to this whole flashoholic business after all...

Evan

Enlightened
Call Future Electronics (I think the number is 1-800-677-1851). Don't order thru the web. Ask to place an order. Ask for part number LXHL-ME1C or LXHL-ME1A for about $8, or LXL-NE98 with a lense for about $11. You will probably only be able to get one of them quantity 1, the rest will have a minimum of 48 or 50. There will probably be a minimum order, but I don't know what it is, and postage as I recall was pretty steep. I bought an assortment of about 16 Luxeon stars back in February. While you are talking to them, ask about LXHL-MH1D, LXHL-MH1B, or LXL-NH94 which are the orange-red which is the brightest at a typical 55 lumens but was the only color I could't get when I made my big order. I'd like to know if they are available now. I'd concider a group buy; I'd like a few orange and a few more Royal Blue, but after one of us gets the package and mails a portion to the other, I doubt we'd save much unless they have a bigger minimum than I expect.

I don't know what the deal is with parts suppliers being rude to small purchasers. Our money is the same color, we're not asking for freebies, and every great product starts with a prototype. I don't know about LEDtronics, but Future's only problem was that they only sell one version of most colors in small quantities. When I called they wouldn't sell orange at all, but red was available in both lense and no-lense versions.

I've been thinking about a light with 1 orange and 1 cyan instead of 2 white, as the cyan at 30 and the orange at 55 are the most efficient and nearly complementary. I just wonder how wierd the color rendering would be.

Oh yeah, by other topics in this forum, the 5 watt Luxeons will be available real soon now and you could do a 1-5w instead of 3-1w retrofit. You would need a DC boost as the 5w are basically 4-1w series-parallel; twice the current and twice the voltage.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

To Evan,

My technical proficiency in this here noo-fangled flashlight business is none too high, so I was just looking for a direct bulb replacement.

If some enterprising entity decides to make available the new 5w LS or even the old 1w LS (which should be plentiful and relatively cheap once the 5w hits the market) as a drop-in bulb (or lamphead assembly) retro swap with, say, a 4D MagLite, I'm in...because That I can do!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Enginemac1:
I have the led bulbs from in my e-bay store from ledtronics. most are 19.95 www.ebaystores.com/ledlightingbyems<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I went there but you only have the 18,000mcd white? I'm looking for 30,000mcd aqua green (must be AQUA green, not the other green).

Thanks anyway.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
drop me a line(email) -

FTNF will make you one - i have the photon light turq leds too
shocked.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks aragorn,

I found a guy who has'em, in quad clusters, using the Nichia 11,400mcd aqua greens (for 45,600 total mcd) for around $20 bucks. But thanks for the kind offer.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EMPOWERTORCH:
I would be interested in finding these 4-nichia bulb retrofits in England. They make torch-conversion so much easier...
It is incredibly difficult to source aqua nichia leds here at all!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I would love to refer to this guy, but my computer just crashed yesterdat and it was all I could do just to recover the system (had to REFORMAT my hard drive!) so I lost every single former e-mail file. But as recall it was one of the sellers on e-bay that advertises retrofit led bulbs.