**Is Ram instruments headlamp same as Petzl Tikka

nonbox

Banned
The Ram instruments 5 led headlamp looks just like the Petzl Tikka but it has 5 LED bulbs, two red and three white. When the switch is moved to the right, it illuminates 3 white bulbs for constant illumination or when moved to the left it shines 2 red bulbs with a blinking action for signaling. This takes 3 AAA batteries.

Is the Ram Instruments headlamp built by the same manufacturer as the Petzl Tikka headlamp? Or did Ram Instruments just copy the Petzl Tikka headlamp?

Does any one have the Ram Instruments headlamp? How does it compare to the Petzl Tikka headlamp? Is it brighter?

Here' a pic & specs on the Ram Instruments headlamp:

http://www.camping-gear-outlet.com/camping-gear-10626.html

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is probably one of the many Tikka copies. I've seen several different ones around. All of them I've seen are of lower quality, but will be sufficient for many peoples tasks.

Jumi

Enlightened
I have exactly the same as in that picture. Different brand and not so good quality. Changing the batteries is hard. The band is removeable and there is magnet in the body.
The white leds weren't good and I had no use for the reds so I modified it with 5 old nichias and with two brightness level. That price seems very high. Here they costs around 8-10$, and usually everything here costs a lot more than in US.
Juha