• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LIONHEART ORDERING & BUILD UPDATES

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
UPDATE 11-11-04:

The HA3 LionHeart bodies ARE AT THE ETCHERS. *Also* - when the bodies first came back from the anodizers and before being sent to the etchers they were inspected and I have been told that the HA3 Natural color appears to be a "just about perfect match" between all pieces!

UPDATE 11-2-04:

After voting the wife and I came home and she helped me gather up all the LionHeart Fast Tracks and put'em in a box:

LHBulk2.jpg

That was a downward shot, here's a different angle:

LHBulk1.jpg

Okay I lied, they wouldn't all fit into just One box:

LHBulk3.jpg

When I get all the batteries in'em I would like to screw up the courage to turn'em all on and take a pic before sending my babies out to their new owners (*sob*). But that would waste precious time, time during which you could be playing with yours. So, we'll see. I don't think the mails are running today, otherwise I'd send out the ones that did not need batteries already.

Thank You for your patience...

UPDATE 10-22-04:

The Fast Track bodies have just shipped from the CNC shop! They are in the air as of right now, winging their way to me encased in nothing more than their shiny bare aluminum finishes...

UPDATE 10-2-04:

The Pilas are on their way to me. Everything else short of the bodies is all in place (boards, UCL lenses, silver particle-impregnated electrical conduction grease, tailcap Belleville springs, split-tube stakes, 27.5mm reflectors, T-binned Luxeon 3s, Ceramique, wiring, etc.) - just waiting on the dang Fast Track (and the subsequent HA3 Natural) bodies...*SIGH*...

UPDATE 9-29-04:

Machine shop report -

Only the specific (but very complex) cuts in the head, as well as the radiusing of the bezel to hold the lens o-ring, need to be done now. Then most will go off to the anodizers and then laser etchers, while some will be sent straight to me for the Fast Track build up. Here's a pic of a set of Actual Pieces so far, as sent to me by the CNC shop just this morning:

Fast%20Track.jpg

As you can see there is no channeled hole yet milled into the head/control-module component for the switch, and it next goes into the CNC milling machine for that. Also note the slightly raised rim around the bottom of the battery tube. On anodized versions this is where the logo will be etched so that the rim protects it from scuffing, etc., such as when set on end during candlemode - "We will degrade no LionHeart logo before its time!"

Thanks.

UPDATE 9-11-04:

THERE IS NOW A WAY TO GET YOUR LIONHEART SOONER AS WELL AS SAVE ANOTHER $11. SEE HERE FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION.

The original LionHeart Sign-Up Thread had grown large and cumbersome and is now "cut-off" (locked). Thanks Don.

Henceforth all updates regarding the LionHeart Build will be posted here, along with some key points from prior updates.

The primary thing is that there is no longer a "priority list" regarding who may or may not preorder a light. All I ask is that you buy just ONE light for now to ensure all who want an LH will get one. Once that dies down and if there are surplus units, I will post a subsequent update here for those who expressed interest in a second or even multiple LionHeart/s.

Costs are as follows:

1) light alone - $175

2) Full Kit incl. Pila charger & 150A battery - $230

3) additional 150A batteries - $18 ea.

4) Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation (U.S.) - $4.30

5) Global Priority (Canada) - $7

6) Global Priority (other int'l destinations) - $9

The MAIN DETAIL of your order is to tell me which finish you prefer, HA3 natural or bare aluminum. The various pros and cons of each have been discussed in detail in the Main LionHeart Thread on the Homemade and Modified Lights Forum. Or to view a more concise descripton and various pictures without additional posts/comments/questions by others, you can go HERE and HERE.

The PayPal address to use is [email protected] or you can contact me (e-mail is in my profile) if you need to arrange another form of transaction.

Although you can post here, it might be better to confine your questions or comments to the Main LionHeart Thread on the Homemade and Modified Lights Forum.

Thank You.

UPDATE 9-7-04:

The machine shop doing our LionHearts has been having problems with the anodizers (same shop doing the VIP accessories like the 2AA tubes, twisties and BBH, which are all STILL at that anodizing place!) so they have wisely sourced another outfit which they have used in the past and are a little more speedy. Still it is going to be four to six weeks out from TODAY due to the switch. Once all 1,500 separate parts are made (each LionHeart is comprised of three major body components - did I say this somewhere below already? - times five hundred total units) they get sent to the New anodizers, then they are sent to another place to get the laser etching of the LionHeart logo, then they get sent to me. But not to worry, once they are sent to me they will be thrown together (oops, bad choice of words), er, carefully assembled right quick and the first units should still be shipping in the two month time frame I have been estimating. I know I've enjoyed a reputation for "on-time or earlier" delivery in the past, but y'all may have to bear with me this time around as this is my most ambitious project to date, both volume- and feature-wise, not to mention a specialized logo (finally!) and it looks like deliveries will only be "on-time" this time around...(*sob*).

Thank You for your kind continued patience and understanding. I promise that once you get your LionHeart in your hands, it will all indeed be worth it (I have really GOT to think about setting up a part-time factory pretty soon. Of course then the original HAT members will all be promoted to front line supervisors...). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif [/b]

Matt_USAF

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the update. The Lion Heart will be worth the wait!!!

(God give me patience...but hurry up!)

Matt

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's All worth it the second you get it home and point it in your face and turn it on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ledhead

Newly Enlightened
Hi Charlie,

PayPal sent for a full kit in HA3 with an extra battery. now i will wait patienly for it to arrive...thanks.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Charlie,
Cool. I placed a link in the previous thread pointing here.

Questions. If I were to change my order from HA3 to Raw Al (provided you would let me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ) A) would I get the light a lot sooner and B) would I be able to disassemble it at some point and have the raw Al parts plated myself? I realize there would be some ground path issues I would need to deal with.

If the answer to A) is yes and the answer to B is anywhere from too complicated, none of my beeswax or "cut off", can we disregard B) and may I humbly request a change in order to raw Al? Regardless, with the others, I patiently await the LionHeart. Thanks.

nexro

Enlightened
Charlie,
First of all, sorry, I have not been following thro in the other thread. I did "list" myself on the preorder list sometime ago. I was in the range 200 - 300 list if I am not mistaken.
Since I wasn't the first 100 to order, can I place an order now and get the light within your specified time? Or must I wait till it's my turn? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks!

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Charlie,
Cool. I placed a link in the previous thread pointing here.

Questions. If I were to change my order from HA3 to Raw Al (provided you would let me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ) A) would I get the light a lot sooner and B) would I be able to disassemble it at some point and have the raw Al parts plated myself? I realize there would be some ground path issues I would need to deal with.

If the answer to A) is yes and the answer to B is anywhere from too complicated, none of my beeswax or "cut off", can we disregard B) and may I humbly request a change in order to raw Al? Regardless, with the others, I patiently await the LionHeart. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, someone wants to go bare too.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read throught the main thread again and couldn't find an answer, and I'm sure someone will wind up killing me (probably Mr. Bulk himself), but I have to ask.... What's the anticipated completion and shipp date for the LHs?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Nightlight

Newly Enlightened
Check the first post in this thread.Charlie explains the situation and approximate ship date.

bajaiman

Enlightened
I'm glad that I've ordered mine in bare AL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif... how much sooner will I get the light??

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
thesurefire said:
It's All worth it the second you get it home and point it in your face and turn it on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha ha! ALL-ways happens it seems. I even did it a time or two with the proto.

Randy, yes, you may be promoted soon. See you guys tonight (there's a seekrit high-level candlelight dinner meeting between some local major movers and shakers of the LionHeart Project...shhhhh!).

Hey Matt, you learn that "hurry up and wait" concept in the military or somethin'? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Got it ledhead, Thanks!

Don,

Change? Sure thing, but to answer your points -

A) naw, they all move around as a group, the bare Als would still need to wait up for the HAs and all take the trip to the etchers.

B) sure thing. I'll even send you an unassembled "kit" if you want, would be the same price though! It'd save you time in desoldering and de-thermal-compounding, as well as provide you with an in-depth look at the password-encoded PWM programmed circuit board. But be careful with it when it's not protected within the light assembly, the slightest probing and the internal coding goes "poof". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

So yes, Raw for you it is, just e-me and say whether you want it unassembled so I can file it for reference when preparing yours to ship.

nexro, go for it. Each preorder that arrives before yours effectively pushes your own delivery date further and further back...

flashlight - Yes, nice to know there are others also going bare. To quote the winning entry in a radio contest afe years back about the reason for marrying one of the Gabor sisters (when it was announced she would wed for like the eighth time): "Because there's safety in numbers." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Sax, whut Night said.

bajai, no. Please read my response to Don, thanks.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr bulk,

I'm back in the LH list. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Some CPFers are buying my alx mod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
PP sent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks Charlie but since the raw Al won't get here any sooner, I'll stick with the HA! Besides, I definitely don't want to take any chances with the "magic within"!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif I really look forward to "no assembly required"!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Oh yeah, if you could do something *special* with flashlight's unit, I could make it worth your while! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Matt_USAF

Newly Enlightened
The military does have that "hurry up and wait" concept mastered... but I like it! We are the best in the whole, wide world /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
MrB, will I be able to remove the outer shell of the assembled light? Are any components glued to the external aluminum pieces? I'll want to be able to disassemble it to do the Black HA.

MrMimizu

Enlightened
I've just put in my order but something else just occurred to me. I don't recall seeing this but when you ship to Canada do you put a lower value on it so that we don't pay crazy taxes?
Global Priority is USPS correct? Just want to make sure I don't need to get that 2nd mortgage to pay UPS.

Charlie, just want to confirm our earlier conversation that my first LionHeart will, indeed, be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif NAKED as a jaybird. Yep, bare AL. Can you confirm for me? Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
4sevens said:
Mr bulk,

I'm back in the LH list. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Some CPFers are buying my alx mod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
PP sent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Wishy-washy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Just kidding 4sevens. Nice mod you made there BTW. Will you now become the Duke of DirectDrive? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Don, "something *special*" for flashlight's flashlight? Whatever could you mean?

Matt, yep, and we be showin' it to the whole, wide world too. In fact my nephew's in Afghanistan right now.

Ninja, same offer to you if you want to chance assembly yourself. Otherwise there will be desoldering/de-thermal-compounding involved, not to mention "popping out" the wedged-in circuit board...it's going to be pretty precision-built.

MrMimizu, over 400 hundred international shipments with rarely (or ever) a surcharge can't be wrong!

Troy - done! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif