AAA Turquoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
I've seen the AAA Turquoise on a few sites...I've read they made a run without the EV Led, are the ones for sale now likely to be the EV? Or has anyone picked one up and know where to get one w/ EV? Thanks!

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope Arc makes another run of Turquoise, one day.

Aloft

Enlightened
I was in TAD Gear's store in Oakland about a month and a half ago. . . they had ARC AAA Turquoise lights hanging on the wall. You might want to call them, as I'm not sure if it's listed on the Web Site or not. Good Luck. . .

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AAA Turquoise is my favorite EDC. I hope Peter will reconsider this light and bring it back someday.

JoeBob

Newly Enlightened
Aloft, did they have other ARC's in the store? I am moving out of the Bay area next week, could make a quick trip to Oakland for a new flashlight :)

Aloft

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JoeBob said:
Aloft, did they have other ARC's in the store? I am moving out of the Bay area next week, could make a quick trip to Oakland for a new flashlight :)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, unless they were kind of hidden away, which I doubt. I think TAD (like a lot of other retailers) was closing out the ARC line due to ARC's new policy of selling direct. I saw at least 3 of them (all turquoise) hanging on the rack.

I was there twice in July, as I had an early layover at SFO, and I took the BART to OAK and got off at 12th street downtown. I walked the rest of the way in about 15 minutes or so. The store is just west of Jack London Square a few blocks. It's a small store, but nicely done. One thing I didn't like. . . virtually nothing was marked with a price, so you have to ask about everything (or know beforehand via the website). It's fun to go to the store, but calling might work better. . . I believe that shipping over a certain amount was free, and if you're new address is out of state, you may want to do your duty as an American and avoid CA sales tax too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Aloft

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Lebkuecher said:
The AAA Turquoise is my favorite EDC. I hope Peter will reconsider this light and bring it back someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lebkuecher. . . I've never found lights other than white, red or UV to be very useful. What am I missing? Why is it that you find the turquoise your favorite (or maybe I shouldn't ask. . . it might save me some money!).

JoeBob

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the update. I am probably not going to have time, anyway.
I will go to the Sunnyvale electronics flea market this Saturday morning, though. I will miss that!

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AAA turq and Photon Freedom turq have become my most used small lights. Very bright but don't disturb the night vision as much as white. BTW -- the girls call it turquoise, us macho guys call it "night vision green".....

jbfla

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The AAA turq and Photon Freedom turq have become my most used small lights

[/ QUOTE ]

...so I guess I should stop complaining about the poor quality (full of rings) beam, and just be glad I have one of those turquoise green AAA's.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JB

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the beam rings are ugly and are in both my AAA's and Photon covert. For the "around the house" AAA I put Scotch satin tape on the reflector. Amazing difference and stays on much better than I thought it would. I cleaned the end of the bezel with alcohol and, with the tape laying on a hard flat surface, put the light on the tape with pressure. Then trimmed with a razor blade. I replace the tape about once a month. This light doesn't get rough use -- just on a neck cord or in pocket. Have tried this on a AA that gets hard use and the tape doesn't last at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.