Which country's Original Pringles taste best ?

gtwace

Enlightened
Which country\'s Original Pringles taste best ?

I don't know about your side, but here in Singapore we get Pringles potatoe chips produced from many countries, USA, Belgium, some african countries... The USA one taste a bit more salty but the potatoe flavour is better. Belgium one is a little dry.

Fat

Newly Enlightened
Re: Which country\'s Original Pringles taste best ?

i ate too much pringles that im getting phobia eating anymore.Its one of the best chips around,but guess i had too much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Didnt really notice the different source of the chips though.All the different flavours just had that similar pringles taste to it.

AlphaTea

Enlightened

Im not that surprised at the differences in products from other places.
Not far from me is the place where most of the Cool-Whip (fake whip cream) is made for world consumption. I was amazed to find out that they have SEVERAL different recipe's for the same product. Some country's like it sweeter or creamier or the color to be a different shade of white. Go figure!

Saaby

Flashaholic

I'm hooked on the 'pepper' flavored Pringles right now. Of course they have a lot of salt on them as well.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pringles are my "I've got a 12 hour drive somewhere and I'll darn well eat whatever the heck I want in the car" food /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I don't generally buy then for just day to day consumption but they are yummy.

I prefer the "light" ones with a third less fat. I can't stand the ones made with olestra or whatever that stuff is, tastes like they were fried in Vaseline! Plus, if you eat too many the consequences are hard to deal with while driving long distances between rest stops!

Back when I was in college they made a flavor that was a corn chip with a cheese powder on them. These were my favorite of all time, but of course they were discontinued in 1993. I know this because I looked them up on their website /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I never thought about the fact that different countries probably get slightly different recipes, but it makes sense I suppose. Just add one more thing to the list of discontinued products that I can't buy anymore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Have you tried those new Lays chips similar to Pringles? I think they may be called "Stackers" - I can't remember. I think they taste better than Pringles hands down...however I'd not seen/heard of the "pepper" Pringles...I'd like to try those!

Of course different products are released in different "test markets" and then to different areas at different times.

Like those "Musk" Lifesavers available only in Australia...I got a box of them from some site in Wisconsin, USA online. They specialize in Aussie items/foods. I posted somewhere else about Lifesaver flavors...seems some folks absoultely HATE the "musk" flavor...I think it's pretty good and different, not to mention unique - as they aren't really available over the counter in the States.

Saaby

Flashaholic

The Pepper flavor was new and it says limited time on the top of the can, so check your local grocer.

James, have you checked into Torentos? Or something like that? The triangular chips that come in a can -- found near the Doritos. They come with a cheese powder on them and are delicious!

JOshooter

Enlightened

First time hearing of the potato flavor, the Lays Sigman mentioned are more potatoy than Pringles and less salty too.

JOshooter

Enlightened

Just reread the original post, it was a long day yesterday, and I actually thought there was a can that said "Potato" on it!!! But now I understand, the potato flovoring/whatever you want to call it is better.

Pitch Black is the only type of grape soda that I will drink. There is really no way to ruin the taste of Mountain Dew. They do have a wide variety.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
JOshooter said:
...There is really no way to ruin the taste of Mountain Dew...

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, you *could* go #2 in it...then you'd have "Mountain Poo", and I'm pretty sure that would ruin the taste. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I haven't yet tried the new Pitch Black yet; they only sell it in 2 litre bottles as of now. Until it comes in 20 oz. bottles or in cans, I'm probably not too likely to try it.

I currently buy and use the Code Red, Wildfire, and original varieties.
And yeah, you really can't ruin the flavour unless you go to the bathroom in it or put poison in it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

So, I'm sitting here sipping a Mountain Dew Pitch Black and eating a can of pringles thanks to you all. So now you're trying to expand my waist to fill the space left over from shrinking my wallet goes through whenever I spend too much time around here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif You turned a quick trip to the gas station into a big shopping spree!

Anyway, the pringles are yummy. The Pitch Black, well, I think I like it better than the code red, which i think has a strange bitter after taste. Never tried the wildfire, but I'll keep an eye out for that. It's sort of good. I don't think I'll become a regular drinker of it, but I like it better than regular Dew (which is forever ruined for me by my trying to use gallons of it in college to stay awake and study and stuff, just the smell of it is enough to send me back to unpleasant places in my mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) The grape additional flavor, I wouldn't quite call grape. It is more reminiscent of the short lived blueberry Swedish gummy fish that I remember eating as a child. Some strange sort of candy flavor rather than a real grape.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

The Wildfire has an orange flavour to it.

They started selling Pitch Black in 20oz bottles yesterday, so of course, I bought some.
It doesn't have as much of a grape flavour to it as other grape flavoured beverages do, but it's not horrible and awful either. I'll drink it if I'm presented with it, but I would not purposefully go out of my way to buy it.

Yes, it's better than regular Mountain Dew, but not all that much better. Palatable, but not downright delicious.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Craig...you're doing too much Dew dude! I've not heard of "wildfire", isn't it "Livewire"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif...and yes, I'm sitting here eating salt n vinegar Pringles, getting ready for supper where I'll have a glass of Pitch Black...all because of this thread! (oh...and fresh Alaskan silver salmon/coho!)

2dim

Enlightened

Best Pringles? Well, Nepalese taste great, though it may have been simply starvation [or was it the yak oil?] and anywhere above 10,000 feet they tend to lose crispiness.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
Craig...you're doing too much Dew dude! I've not heard of "wildfire", isn't it "Livewire"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right...it *is* LiveWire and not Wildfire. Let's see if I have any in the fridge...BRB...nope, there's a Code Red and a Pitch Black, but no Wildf...er...I mean LiveWire.

Hmmm...LiveWire...sounds like a flashaholic's drink. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

freeze12

Enlightened

I bought a can of "White Cheddar Pringles" today @ Wally World.....hope they are good!!