New Car!

avusblue

Enlightened
I had an unexpected and irresistable opportunity to recently acquire a car I've always loved: a Cadillac STS. With a 300 horsepower V8, elegant style, and a solid, quiet ride -- what's not to like?? The car is gorgeous, smooth, and FAST! I'm thrilled. Wish me luck, as it will certainly be a test of my self-control to avoid getting speeding tickets.

DSCN2599.jpg

DSCN2594.jpg

DSCN2597.jpg

Obligatory comment relevent to lighting: EVERY button and switch in this car is nicely backlit at night! Good job Cadillac! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif (I have a pet peeve with cars that have unlit buttons and controls.) And the projected / self illuminated gauge cluster is very cool -- I enjoy having both digital and analog readouts, and it all appears from "out of nowhere" when starting up the car!

Cheers,

Dave

raggie33

*the raggedier*
sweet ride.i kinda like comfy cars and that sure is one.plus it as some series ponis

ksbman

Flashaholic*
Nice car, Dave!

I too just bought a new car. Although not near as nice as yours, the 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S I bought 2 weeks ago is the first brand new car I ever bought and by far the nicest car I've ever had.

It sure is scary to spend so much money on just a car. I never thought I'd do it.

I told my daughter I'd give her my old car ('97 Hyundai Accent GL) when she turned 18, and that's tomorrow. The Hyundai has 80,000 miles on it and has never had a problem. I hope it continues to be reliable for her.

She just got her license, so the end of this month we're going to take a 10-day, 3000-mile, drivers training trip through 18 states east of the Mississippi. She'll do all the driving, so it should be fun.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Very sharp. I had the opportunity to drive one of those that belonged to my wife's uncle. Nice. If I'm not mistaken the third brake light is a string of LEDs.

avusblue

Enlightened
Thanks for the kind words guys.

[ QUOTE ]
Flying Turtle said:
If I'm not mistaken the third brake light is a string of LEDs.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of flashoholic am I ?!? I can't believe I forgot to mention that!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

avusblue

Enlightened
Update: No speeding tickets so far! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif