L1 or e1e

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in the final stages of a debate and have chosen the e1e and the L1. They are both light, made by surefire, are cheap where I live ( L1 ~$90.00 and e1e ~ $64.00), and are cool looking.

Now, I think I might get the L1 first because of its runtime and two-stage switch. Should I get the L1 Lumamax?

-tom

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom, the L1 is a great light, and if it's between that and the stock E1E, then I'd definitely go with the L1! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

To make the E1E really cool, I'd put a KL1 head and one of McGizmo's Aleph two stage switches on it. That would give you the equivalent of the L1, but it would be FAR more flexible in that you could later mix-n-match different parts, whereas the L1 is pretty much stuck the way it is when you buy it (no mix-n-match possible). Of course, to do what I'm suggesting here will cost you substantially more money! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

So basically, you're looking at paying less now for an L1 that'll stay the way it is throughout its whole lifespan, or paying more now for the KL1-E1E-McE2S combo that can be altered at will by attaching different combinations of parts. Kinda like playing with Legos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That said, the L1 is IMHO a terrific light, comes with SureFire's lifetime warranty, and will serve you well for quite a long time to come... I didn't mean to imply that it's a slouch!

Well, that's my two cents. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

albert

Enlightened
Just a suggestion, Tom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Go for a E1E and a KL1 for now. Sent the KL1 to other CPFers to mod into LuxIII with reflector at a fee. Sent your Z52 LOTC to McGizmo to mod into 2 stages at a fee. After this, your E1E-KL1 will be a murderer.

Or you can go with L1 and forget about modding it.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted a thread a while back showing one possible mod to a KL1 head. Works out nicely, but then again, I'm pretty biased. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The thread is over here.