1 D fat M*g + 7x14500 + Strion bulb

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mg007.jpg~original

th_Mg002.jpg~original
th_Mg004.jpg~original
th_Mg006.jpg~original
th_1fatD.jpg~original

I have cut down this M*g D and machined a fat body for it. Installed 7 Lithium-ion 14500 in parallel. So, nominal voltage is 3.6 volts at 4900 mAh (7x700 mAh)
I used potted Strion bulb in PR base. Charging method is fivemega's way (tail cap jack) and my cell phone charger can take care of them safely. Charging time is overnight.
Brightness is better and whiter than Strion and throws even further since voltage drop is much less than using Strion's battery and reflector is larger.
I tested run time with fully charged battery. Voltage was about 3.0 volts at end of 2 1/2 hours which was still bright but I ended the test since they are not low-voltage protected.
Small flashlight, light weight, brighter than 5D, long run time and of course rechargeable. Anybody plan to make them available for CPF members?
Any comment and suggestion welcome.

Last edited:

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif You keep doing awesome things with the big cell Mags, Five. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

That bundle of seven 14500s in parallel looks like a fistful of dynamite. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Britt