Bicycle Light

MXDan

Newly Enlightened
I am sure this has been discussed many times before, but my searching was without results.

I am looking for a stock flashlight for my bike. It will be on 90% pavement, after dark, in the suburbs. It will also be required to be total light for the trails I spend much of my time on. They are paved, but there is absolutely no ambient light other than the sky.

I'm very farmiliar with all the handheld flashlight manufacturers, but none seem to make bike lights, so I'm somewhat at a loss. Runtime is not really an issue, nore is led or incadescent. I just want to spend less than $50.

Thanks for the help in advance,
MXDan

X33

Enlightened
Not an easy one. I dont have many different lights. Others will be able to give a more informed opinion. I tried an INOVA XO (1watt)on the handle bars and it's ok. Not super bright in town. Maybe you should look at a PILA GL3. I got one on order and its supposed to be really bright. It's over your budget but rechargeable, so you save money in the long run. You'll have to come up with something to fasten it to the handle bars too.

sidespill

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bump.gif MXDAN,
Maybe you could change your thread title to something like "Bike lights, what are you using?" I don't know maybe it would strike up some good discussions? I've been wondering what other flashaholic/bike riders are using myself.

As far as bike light manufacturers here's a pretty good link to reviews mtbreview.com

yellow1

Newly Enlightened
are you close to a performance cyclery or a supergo? i went in a few weeks ago and they're closing out the vistalite 5/15W combo. the 15W gives out a respectable amount of light, and the 5W is a good area light.

plus it's rechargeable. yay!