• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sale on hold FT-3C w/ BB1000mA TX1M LUX III

roguesoul

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS The First Ever!! FT-3C w/ BB1000mA TX1M LUX

Ok some details, to satisfy our flashaholic need for specifics.
Here's a look under the hood, the engine.
Left is the normal factory unmodified direct drive Luxeon module.
On the right, my "Sandwich" BB1000 w/T bin blinding power!
top.jpg

Notice the quantum increase in heatsinking capability.
bottom.jpg

A search of the forums reveals this to be The First Ever regulated FT-3C. Be the first ever to own an awesome flashlight that just got better.
PS It's a bit rough around the edges, being the first one I've done, however it functions perfectly.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Nice mod. Did you need the extra heat sinking? How about run time?

Bill

roguesoul

Newly Enlightened

I would say you could get by without the heatsink. The light does stay cooler than a stock FT3C , which is nice.

Runtime, I haven't a clue but some cheep Rayovac Heavy Duty batteries which drove the stock FT3C at 400mA were being sucked dry by the BB3C.:D

[ QUOTE ]
Bullzeyebill said:
Nice mod. Did you need the extra heat sinking? How about run time?

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

care to trade it for another stock FT-3C?
That way, you could have another one to refine your skills on!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

roguesoul

Newly Enlightened

I learned how not to put the top edge of the heatsink, for the FT3C in the vise. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif But yes refinement is a good thing if you add $60 to that FT3C we have a trade.

[ QUOTE ]
BugLightGeek said:
care to trade it for another stock FT-3C?
That way, you could have another one to refine your skills on!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

roguesoul

Newly Enlightened

Well at the present time I can do six and this is based on LED availability. So anyone who would want one should send me the FT3C for modification.

[ QUOTE ]
Daddyo said:
Will you be making these on request?

[/ QUOTE ]

roguesoul

Newly Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif

New price. $110 shipped

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just wondering if you had done any sort of run-time chart or tests...also, is your modded FT-3C brighter than a stock FT-3C?

Is the beam better with the optic that comes with it or would it be better with a 27mm IMS reflector?

roguesoul

Newly Enlightened

I haven't done run time tests with the FT3C because it seemed impractical. As for brightness, based on current draw from the batteries the regulated light should be brighter. In actual use I can't say that is or isn't

The differences between the optics and the reflectors are: reflectors give side spill with an even hot spot, optics give you a hot spot and very little side spill which is ringy. Reflectors give up some throw to the side spill and optics take the light which could be side spill and add it to the hot spot for greater throw. The decision of, which is best, is up to personal preference.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would have thought the reflector would have the longer throw /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif since they are being done in more mods lately than optics. Is there something special about the optic in the FT-3C that makes it different?

PM sent as well...

roguesoul

Newly Enlightened

Want to add that my description is for the 30mm VS 27mm but I generalized it. Of course if your talk about a Mag reflector that will out throw the optics I haven't tried it though.