Any simple mod tutorials around?

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
Are there any step-by-step (ie. for idiots) mods for commonly owned flashlights like M@g 2AA or 2AAA, or Arc AAA? I had fun building a distortion pedal for my guitar a few years ago from a step by step tutorial I found online and I'd like to find something for novices for flashlights, too. Anything?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
KevinL, check out his profile, he has a link to a mod for a 2D mag, its a pretty good tutorial.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
The most fun I'm currently having with a 2D Mag isn't really much of a mod at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Get a 6AA adaptor from Electrolumens, that lets you put 6 cells into a 2D cell body, and then get a 4 cell "magstar" bulb and put it in there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif That overdrives the bulb a bit (yes I know, shorter lifespan but since the AA's have more resistance internally than 6D cells and there is some in all the extra connections of the adaptor you're probably running just a little over 1 cell extra) the output is very impressive. There is also a 5 cell bulb, or so there is a rumor about such but I've never seen it. That would let you only slightly overdrive the bulb and it would last longer. Even with the 4 cell bulb I expect many good hours of life from it.

I tried a 6 cell bulb, but the output just wasn't that different from a 3D light with a magstar bulb in it. The 4 cell bulb is much more fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Better get an extra bulb anyway though...