Ever have one of those days (or nights)

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of those days. You know the kind--anything that can go wrong will. I hate those.

I just switched over to the night shift at my new job and I've been working a few 12 hour shifts back to back. So I'm tired, punch drunk and overwhelmed with two new admissions to the floor on top of my already overburdened patient load (2 CNAs and an RN called off). Somewhere along the way I lost both my Streamlight stylus and my favorite pen.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif It's been two days and no sign of either.

I don't mind the heavy work load so much, but the loss of two of my favorite tools really hurt.

I've taken the stylus all around the country over the past 3 years and I've never so much as misplaced it. Same with my pen--it's pretty hefty and very noticeable.
First step is to blame someone else--those dirty *******s stole my pen.
Next is depression.
Pretty soon will be acceptance... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

At least I can feel okay knowing that my Arc 4 is still safey attached to my belt via a gear-keeper. I'm glad I invested in that retractor....

Where's my brain at? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
eeek ya was drunk at work?or is that a figure a speach?either way i hope ya day improves

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Naw, I'd be fired and the Colorado BNE would be wanting to talk to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe that IS the solution....a few stiff drinks after work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've been there before, I've cursed like all h311 at the days where everything seems to break. Stay strong, because the bad streak ends and things do seem to fall together after that. It may take a few days and more than a few drinks. Maybe a good lanyard may help, I recommend the SF Z60 with 25mm BP-style clip. I know I'd go nuts if I lost either one of my EDCs.

kubolaw

Enlightened
Ugh, my condolences. I know that it can be tough to lose something that has been a long-time companion. Once I thought I lost my beat up, worn, and weathered EDC Minimag, and I was surprisingly melancholy until I found it in my car.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never, ever lend or set down the good pen or the good light. That way you only lose them once a month (nerts!).

Always blame someone else. That way the pen/light hiding elves will drop them back into plain sight. Just to make you look bad & feel foolish.

When this happens to me I just chalk it up to proof that God likes a joke now and then. Been there, done that, even got the T-shirt. I feel your pain.

matt_j

Enlightened
Sucks my man. I found out that when I'm really tired I'm a straight by the book kind of guy. My partners hate that. When I'm really blasted I will follow the protocols to the smallest print and it drives poeple insane. But I guuess I'm just trying to cover my behind just in case. Sucks about your gear being lost. I hate when that happens. Hopefully you get some time off soon.

Matt

Latest posts