• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired XM-2 Help...modder needed

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK...I had all sorts of great ambitions to buy the parts to mod my XM-2. Bought the parts, made an attempt, failed, gave up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I bought all the parts to mod my XM-2 patterned after some of the other modders here:
-TX0K 3W LED
-20 & 17mm IMS reflectors
-Garrity 2AA light with clickie tailcap

So, any modders care to do this XM-2 mod for me?
I have the TX0K but would only want to swap LED's if the TX0K would be brighter and with more of a HID tint to it than the LED already in the XM-2.
UCL would be nice as well.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

UPDATE: original modder got called out of town. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Still looking for someone to mod my XM-2 for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
The led is very easy. Just desolder the leads, pry it out and drop in the replacement. The switch should also be drop-in but I'm not sure as I don't have or need one. The reflectors would need modification either to the reflector itself or the head to fit. The 20mm is too long while the 17mm is too small and it would fall out of the head without a lens to hold it in. Putting in a lens is also quite a challenge because their is a ridge that has to be machined out of the bezel to be able to put it in.

zapper

Enlightened
What are you trying to do with this mod? It already comes with a 3W. Is the main intent to put in the UCL with reflector? Do you just want the different switch due to operation? After reading this it looks like I am being critical but I assure you I am just trying to understand your final intent. I'm game and would do it just for the experience. I've modified quite a few lights now and have built up my specialty tool arsonal and skill level to the confident and more importantly competant level. I'll PM you.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I want to make sure it has a nicely tinted 3W...I prefer the bluish/HID tint to something yellowish or any other color. Would the TX0K give me that tint? If not, do you have a better tinted LED? We could trade LED's if you did...

I do want the UCL & reflector. I also want a clickie switch since I just prefer that kind to a twisty...easier to operate one-handed. A 2-stage switch patterned after the Arc clickie switch would also be awesome.

I'll also email you back...

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also love what you did to the Energizer swivel light...I have one of those running in series overdriving a 3-cell bulb.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE: original modder got called out of town. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Still looking for someone to mod my XM-2 for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can't find anyone before I return from my vacation I'll help you out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif

bajaiman

Enlightened
Icarus did one of my Mag2D mod and it is one of the best and neatest mod I've ever bought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif. I was glad that he did the mod. I'm sure you won't go wrong if you get Icarus to do the mod. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
key words: IF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Meanwhile...still looking for a modder to help!