How good or bad is a TX1J emitter?

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking about gettign a mod with this built into it. Or I can send another emitter to be built into it. I don't have any emitters and I don't have any expieriance with emitters either. I know this has a yellow tint, or as some say it is "warm".

Is TX1J good? Any real world beamshots? Is it close enoguh to white for most people? Or woudl I be disapointed and want better, so I should hold off until I get better?

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used TX1J's before and have had no problems,
they are quite bright with just a hint of yellow
more like sunlight. I have one in my hyperblaster
and am quite happy with it.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just finished a mod yesterday using a TX1J 3-watt emitter. I like the beam color a lot. It is on the warm side of white. But it doesn't look too yellow-not at all. Like TORCH_BOY said and I'd agree that it is a sunshine color. There is no blue tint in my emitter. It is an excellent tint.

If you like a happy beam go with this emitter.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, stand back or I will use my happy beam on you. OK thanks haveblue. A slight yellow tint sounds OK if it is like sunshine color.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
It's almost impossible to find a LuxIII binned higher than T flux.

Tint is entirely subjective.

J Vf is nice - most seem happy with K. There was a small sale of H Vf emitters not too long ago - those sold out quickly.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried to get a picture of the TX1J emitter tint but I failed. The beam, in the middle, is creamier looking than what I got out of my camera. So imagine a warm beam and you have the idea what a TX1J looks like.
tw0l.tx1j.gaglite2-gif.gif

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
X1 is green... not yellow... I have some in a few lights, and they are most definitely on the green side when compared to any other bin.

LuxeonBinningColourChart.jpg

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool bathtub shot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I thought I was the only one who did those. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
09030002.jpg

BTW my bathtub is not as clean as the photo shows. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I have since cleaned it for...., oh yeah, future beamshots.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The picture gave me an excuse to clean the bathtub. I didn't know other people did bathtub shots! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif You might have a bathtub like me but how many people have little feet pasted in them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, forget beamshots, we want bathtub shots.

The shot above looks a little bit blue, but I guess that is the cameras auto white balance. So happy yellow or sick green?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
My white balance on the digital camera was set manually but the tint is still off. I suppose megapixels in a digital camera and LED lights do not talk to each other 100%.

So now it is give us your best bathtub-beam-shots? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Endeavor,

What type of setup are you getting a green tint with. I've used quite a few TX1J's and have never gotten green. I have, however, had the problem with green tints showing, but it turned out to be optic/reflector spacing problems; especially with the older SO17XA reflectors. Maybe I've been luck, but I haven't gotten any Lux III greenies.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey there Chop.

TX1M at 6--mA with an IMS 17mm reflector. Mind you, the tint isn't horrible, but it certainly isn't yellow.

TX1Js are 500mA are pretty nice. The variances between LEDs of the same bin are pretty high though.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Endeavour,

I had a similar experience with an older IMS reflector, but after I trimmed the skirt so that the reflector sat on the luxeon, all problems cleared up. For me anyway.

Latest posts