BAD Ebay feedback!

Clint

Newly Enlightened
A while ago I sold a Compact flash memory card on Ebay!
I recieved an email a few days after the buyer bought it (Wednesday) saying he would make payment the following week...
I was like WHAT??? But let him have the week to pay.
The week past, still no money!
I finally recieved the fund 15 days after the auction ended!

I waited 3 days before the money cleared to my bank account before sending his parcel..
Trying to avoid a conflict I gave him Positive feedback that just stated "Transaction Completed"

He then Gave me neutral feedback which said " PAID in 10 days,he got grumpy and was VERY slow to send item.Not real happy."

This Guy is a *******! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

He was the one in the wrong!
This Isn't a Jeer but just curious how long do you wait before leaving bad feedback or simply relisting a item!
I usually pay the very same day!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
In all my buying and selling on Ebaby I never leave bad feedback. Oh, I did once and learned my lesson when the seller, who never sent my item or answered my email, left retalitory feedback. So now I wait for a buyer to leave feedback first then I will return feedback in kind.

Oh, I've had a bad deal of someone sending me a bounced check that cost me the item, the money loss, plus the service fee from my bank. I emailed the guy and asked him to make good the check plus my $6 service charge. He said, "No." So I simply black listed him from any of my future auctions. He is still black listed. Since I sell very unique items that he can get only from me and he needs those items but he is non-existant in my little world.

One time a seller left me back feedback because I didn't leave him feedback fast enough...really! He did that Jan. 3 and I emailed him to look at his feedback and he will see I left him good feedback 3 weeks before on the Dec. 14. He was soon kicked off Ebaby for too many bad feedbacks. I emailed him to ask him how it felt to be kicked out. He told me he didn't care because he had five more accounts at Ebaby. I believe him.

In selling I wait for the buyers feedback first. If I'm a buyer then I have to play their game and hope they return feedback.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you include in your Ebay listing the maximum period when payment was expected? e.g. "Payment must be made within 7 days from end of auction, otherwise I reserve the right to relist the item."

If you didn't put in such a phrase then it's a negotiation between you and the buyer since the expected payment period wasn't stated in your listing. As a seller, I'd normally wait until the buyer has left me feedback before I leave one for him.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate the Ebay feedback system. There was an item I wanted, but had no shipping cost listed. I emailed the guy and after several emails agreed on a price. I proceeded to bid and won that item for really cheap. I contacted the guy asking for the final invoice, including shipping. He sent a bill asking for triple our agree shipping. I then emailed him several times to try and correct this, but never got a reply. The guy refuses to acknowledge my emails now. Obviously I'm not just going to send him his BS amount and I'm afraid to send him the amount we agreed on because the ebay invoice has a different price now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I want to leave him NEGATIVE feedback, but don't want any back. Anyone know a way around this? Aren't you only allowed to leave feedback within a certain timeframe? Maybe I can time it so after I leave my feedback, time has run out for him to leave any.

Sinjz, the eBay feedback timeframe expires after ninety days for both buyer and seller. You would have a tough time timing it such that you can leave yours but he can't retaliate. I agree it pretty much sucks. But there's really no option on this, unless you can convince him to leave feedback first. Barring that, I'd just not leave any feedback at all, positive, neutral or negative.

haveblue, in your case, you might very well get your bad mark expunged by appealing to eBay, since that guy was booted. Send eBay an e-mail stating your case and you might be pleasantly surprised.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I always leave feedback as soon as I receive the item.
I have not yet left or received a negative or even a neutral.

On one item that was received late, I still left a positive feedback, but stated in no uncertain terms that the item was LATE. I also stated I was satisfied with the item, so that probably mitigated the previous comment somewhat.

Let's see if I can go find that feedback...BBS...

"A bit on the slow side, but I am satisfied with my book now that I received it!"

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that's the best strategy, leave a positive feedback, but provide a comment that adequately details the problems.
Someone researching the seller can then get the information without triggering all the negative feedback nonsense.
You can go to the feedback forum page on ebay to post a followup; if you just explain the details, people checking your feedback will see it's just a bogus neg rating.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an auction listed paypal only and a lady won and then asked for my address so I sent the paypal address and she replied back "no your address". So I sent her my mailing address then had to wait for a check to arrive then shipped her item out and she sent me three reminders to leave feedback! I wanted to write "can't read" or something like that in the feedback /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kubolaw

Enlightened
I've also wondered about whether it is better to leave bad feedback or no feedback. The seller in one auction I won took forever to ship an item, and only after many emails (to which he never responded) and me threatening to cancel my PayPal transaction. When I left neutral feedback stating that I received the item but it took a long time and that the seller was unresponsive, he left a response basically saying that I was a liar. Of course, I have no way of responding to that statement, even though it is blatantly false. So now I either leave positive feedback (if warranted) or none. I don't know if this is the best solution, but it is just less annoying for me.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why don't you post a followup response explaining it? May as well try to get the last word in, though it may end up with everyone calling each other liars. Not responding to his statement may give the impression that he was right.

matt_j

Enlightened
best way to go about negative feedback is to go thru ebay especially if guilty party was booted.

Good side of ebay is that you can get whatever you want. Bad side is that item may not be up to your standards. People take their time shipping, over inflate shipping cost in order to cover lost on the item or just purposely over describe the item.

Above will be going for as long as ebay is around.

Feedback is a strong indicator for casual buyers. Nobody wants to get scammed, stuck with a lemon or loose money. Unfortunately guy who screwed up and received a negative feedback will retaliate with the same negative write up for a good guy. I will read negative feedback and try to see what the problem was. If you are a seller with 200 positives and 1 negative I will look at what happened. If you didn't bother responding to the neg write up than I will try to stay away from you. But if you wrote a decent explanation that means that you care and try to set the record straight. I've left negative feedbacks and I will continue on doing so. I personally don't care anymore. I figured out that I have to start somewhere to punish people who bid and than never respond, or people who describe their items as pristine but you get worthless piece of junk. I'm done with letting people get away with stuff. Well if I ever have to deal with somebody who lies about me and transaction and therefore leaves me a neg feedback as a payback, I will just post a link in my response section to a web page with explanation of what had happened.

There is always this:
http://www.ebayersthatsuck.com/main/

Matt

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
if no one gives negative feedback, the whole feedback system fails, if you tried and cannot resolve a problem, its correct to leave negative or neutral feedback.

Here in Argentina there is a auctions portal (partner of ebay) that uses this method:

You can leave feedback when you like after the sale, but you will not see the other part feedback until both feedbacks had been placed, or after a 21day timeout, after the timeout you cannot leave feedback.

This way the site resolved the problem mentioned in this thread.

In all my listings at the bottom of the decription I put the legend: if the operation is not finished by the purchaser, negative feedback will be left, and of course, I leave neg feedbacks from time to time.

Pablo

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
arewethereyetdad said:
...haveblue, in your case, you might very well get your bad mark expunged by appealing to eBay, since that guy was booted. Send eBay an e-mail stating your case and you might be pleasantly surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was sloppy on the thread. I cried royally to Ebaby and was determined to get the bad feedback off my record. You know what? Ebaby agreed. I used their SquareTrade system and they agreed that the two bad feedbacks because I did "not leave feedback" (which I did leave) is bogus. My case would go to the final arbitrator at SquareTrade and "for only $20 per case" Ebay will remove the offending feedback. Now that is BOGUS-for me to get charged $40 to get bad feedback off my record that I didn't deserve! Ebaby is holding my feedback as hostage and leverage to make money for Ebaby! I told Ebaby I don't believe in extortion so I'll live with the blemishes on my record. And I have.

Latest posts