9-11-01

matt_j

Enlightened
I know it is tomorrow but I'm on duty until 7 am and will have no access to my computer...

Please remember victims of that horrible event, pray for them and for their families...

I've lost 10 friends that day and everywhere I go I meet people who lost somebody. We try to make it part of our past but it is still very much alive and present in our hearts.

God bless their souls.

ribbon2.gif

09-11-01

Matt

raggie33

*the raggedier*
going to be a hard day. im so gratefull for all the heros of that day.and so sad of the lives lost. i will never forget ,and i think the heros we lost and the heros ,that still protect us daily.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
going to be a hard day. im so gratefull for all the heros of that day.and so sad of the lives lost. i will never forget ,and i think the heros we lost and the heros ,that still protect us daily.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto to the above. Really cannot add anything to it. Raggie said what I was thinking.

Clint

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I echo this from the otherside of the world... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I was watching an HBO special on it a while ago.

I had to change channels when people were showing pictures...

The only way I could ever forget it is through Alzheimers or death.

It seems like just yesterday....

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Clint said:
I echo this from the otherside of the world... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same, no matter how far away we are. I recall what happened and where I was that night....and when I woke up the next morning everything was different. 9/11 is our problem, too. We are with you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wow thanks so much for likeing what i said.ok let me add this. the main thing is dont let thses losers change how we act.(sure its cool to find away to elimantae em)but dont let fear change how ya act when 911 happened thats when i flew the usa flag even more. ,,thease loser win buy caseing fear.do waht ya would do as ya would before they did this...but also love and care for the victems a 911 .and never forget 911 .so many heros was fromthat day

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
Hi guys,

Think I told most of you this, so forgive the re-run. Three years ago that morning, I was at a job interview in Crystal City Virginia. About a mile from where the Pentagon Plane went in.

Unlike the guy who started this post, I did not loose anybody I know. But I got an up close look at what happened. I saw what those people did to us.

That's one of the reasons Im here. Working out those demons in a constructive way.

All that day I heard siren. Before I left, each time I heard them, I would cringe.

Some things you don't forget. Joe your spot on about that.

Here I have been witness to what radical Islam views as justice. Rational humans, no mater what the faith, can't approve blowing up a bus of civilians and children to try and kill one of our troopers.

The bear of it all is these are people who 'share our air'.

Normal citizens can't tell the sheep from the goats. GWB was right about one thing, this will be a war like no other. If we give up now, the price we will pay later will make the current situation look like 3% down.

It's going to take a long time for Radical Islam to burn out. It took 60 years to run out of old communiests in Russia and soon to run out of them in China. We have about that long for this type of Islam to gray out.

I see guys on other boards saying we should wipe out all of Islam. I know that's wrong as well. Most of Islams followers are good, decent people. I have many as neighbors back in Virginia.

It's the fraction of a one percent thats causing the most trouble.

You want a laugh.

When I was in Kuwait after coming back from R&R. Seems the Kuwaiti police grabbed some radical recuriters. They were trying to find Kuwaitis to strap on an explosive vest and visit our bases in country.

None of the Kuwaities wanted to die for these clowns, some were willing to shoot at us, but none agreed to put on thirty pounds of plastic and batteries.

Remember most Arab countries don't have the same rules about prisoner abuse we do. I don't doubt for a moment that the recruiters and some of their possible clients are being encouraged to discuss matters. This bothers me not in the least.

That's the news of the moment.
87 days till I get home.

Jack Crow in Iraq

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to give my most sincere gratitude to those CPFers who are military, LEO, Paramedics, firefighters, and all ranks and files of folks who devote their life and energy in order to protect us. The world is an uncertain place, people will hate each other, but if those fanatics possessed only 1 percent the amount of human decency like you folks have, the world would be a better place.

Thank you.

Nick

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
It's very early on the West Coast and I wanted to be up when the 3 year anniversary arrives. A dreadful day that will not be forgotten.

matt_j

Enlightened
And to start the day on the positive note with little less of the sadness...

I just got off duty... We lost two police officers last night. But I had a very difficult cardiac arrest call and we managed to save the lady. We worked her and brought her back when even my telemetry doc considered her gone. It may be just a good way to start a day.

Matt

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
I lost to ex-coworkers that day, and a friend who I've made since that day lost his Brother in Law. I also know a few people who "got lucky" - one worked on the floor where the 1st impact occured, but had gone down to the company caf on the 43rd floor to get another cup of coffee (He used to get to work before 8)

That day made me decide to finnaly get my ham ticket after 20 years of saying "one day" - they helped out down there, and I wanted some way I can help (NYC is not big on Vol ANYTHING with the possible exception of Ambulance Corps)

Matt - good on saving that woman last night! Give you a good memory of the day.

Yesterday's weather here in NYC reminded me soooo much of the weather that day - clear blu skys and dry - except yesterday was a BIT warmer

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
911aniv.jpg

A quilt panel for the 09-11-01 memorial quilt.
I made the design, my mother did the beading.
Shown approximately 2.05x life size.

wtc12.jpg
wtc15.jpg

Please feel free to take one or both of these and place it/them on your own website.

L

LITEmania

I happened to visit 'Ground Zero' in 2002 and choked with tears. Still I remember the smell from that spot of sorrow..

Deep condolence for all heros and victims.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
My thoughts are with the families of the victims also. Don't know what else to say.

I'm working today and I'm in the same general area as I was on that day. I walked over to the plaza this morning and stood exactly in the same spot. It's a beautiful, clear sunny day here, exactly like it was three years ago today. I can still hear the echoes of the events of that day, and I can still feel the pain.

Thank you to all of the heroes of that day. We are here because of you and we will not forget you.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
What everyone else has said, I can't add anything that would be of any significance.

Other than to say it out loud .... a thank you to those who tried and died in the line of duty, or perished simply out of a sense of duty to their fellow human beings. Our sympathies to those left behind who were personally touched by this tragedy. Our sorrow for the needless loss of life and injuries suffered by the victims, and the pain felt by their friends and families.

My family and I will never forget that day or the people.

Mike